Special thanks to our first patron Benzion and family for their support!
In this episode we return again with our friends Sela and Dayo to make some delicious plant rich Savory Plantain and Grits Waffles. We also learn first hand what it means when people say "you never really know how a ferment will turn out," lol. Finally, we share with you the first part of an eight part series entitles "Wellspring Rising." With this first part we introduce affirmations.
If you'd like to learn more about affirmations please let us know in the comments. Or email us at RootedCrowns @ WellspringsofUmoja (dot) com. We also offer consultations through our support arm (Ori Vitality Arts) that could help you frame some of the most effective suggestions to yourself.
Thank you for watching!
Follow us to stay connected in a multitude of ways!
✨Umbrella Website –
✨ Bandcamp –
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We are a health, sustainability, and global culture w/ a universal African base focused family and community. We've committed our lives to supporting the healing of ourselves, our community (local and global), and earth. Being so focused on this work has it's own challenges, but the rewards far outweigh them all. Come along as we find ways to engage these intentions in our Baltimore community and as we prepare to travel globally towards building/finding a homestead where we can commit to these intentions with even more ferocity.
- When our daughter told us “Girls don’t run” April 18, 2019we asked. “Girls don’t run. Girls turn.” Then she twirled. We repeated the affirmations she’s already heard: Girls and boys have the same spirit. Girl […]
- Karamo Brown gives affirmations to help you live your best life April 14, 2019Karamo Brown preached from a doctrine of social work and psychotherapy Sunday morning, making the L.A. Times Festival of Books panel his call-and-resp […]
- Positive affirmations can improve your child’s life April 12, 2019Positive affirmations are statements designed to build self-esteem through changing negative self-talk, says Jayne Augoye, founder Fabmumng.com, an on […]
- Reel Affirmations Xtra offers generation gap drag comedy ‘Tucked’ April 11, 2019Quite possibly the generation gap that will save or doom us all, the cultural divide between Baby Boomers and Post-Millennials serves as the foundatio […]
- Flour Bluff students paint affirmations on restroom walls April 10, 2019High school is a difficult time for students to maintain their grades and their social life. One local high school art class is trying to ease those t […]