Special thanks to our first patron Benzion and family for their support!
In this episode we return again with our friends Sela and Dayo to make some delicious plant rich Savory Plantain and Grits Waffles. We also learn first hand what it means when people say "you never really know how a ferment will turn out," lol. Finally, we share with you the first part of an eight part series entitles "Wellspring Rising." With this first part we introduce affirmations.
If you'd like to learn more about affirmations please let us know in the comments. Or email us at RootedCrowns @ WellspringsofUmoja (dot) com. We also offer consultations through our support arm (Ori Vitality Arts) that could help you frame some of the most effective suggestions to yourself.
Thank you for watching!
Follow us to stay connected in a multitude of ways!
✨Umbrella Website –
✨ Bandcamp –
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We are a health, sustainability, and global culture w/ a universal African base focused family and community. We've committed our lives to supporting the healing of ourselves, our community (local and global), and earth. Being so focused on this work has it's own challenges, but the rewards far outweigh them all. Come along as we find ways to engage these intentions in our Baltimore community and as we prepare to travel globally towards building/finding a homestead where we can commit to these intentions with even more ferocity.
- Affirmations Hosts Kings & Queens for a Day June 26, 2019The Affirmations LGBTQ center will host royalty on Saturday, July 13, in a youth-focused “gender-bending” drag event. Lasting from noon to 6 p.m., in […]
- Motor City Bears Meet and Greet Monthly Meeting at Affirmations June 26, 2019Established in 1994, Motor City Bears is a Detroit-based social and fundraising group for gay male bears and their admirers. The group hosts regular m […]
- Lake Worth literacy tutor goes beyond the books June 26, 2019I am important. I am beautiful. I can make a difference. Positive affirmations are just one of the components of Dab Into Self-Love, Tia Crawford’s se […]
- Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets are returning this August June 26, 2019It all started with Chance the Rapper, who posted a tweet in May saying, “Positive Affirmations for today: I WILL have a good day, I Will succeed toda […]
- How we become gentlemen at The De La Salle School in Freeport June 26, 2019We are taught to be leaders of our school and community. Every school day the students say our affirmations to remind ourselves of our goal. Our affir […]