This post has been sponsored by Avalon Organics®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Winter is coming! Just kidding, winter has already arrived, as I’m sure you know.
I take extra special care of my hair during the colder months. The harsh weather can be very drying. With the new season upon us, I honor the weather shift and reassess what my hair needs to prevent it from looking sad and dull.
Plus, it’s nice to start with a clean slate by using new products to freshen things up!
So today I’m sharing my Winter Prep Hair Care Routine featuring the Avalon Organics® Smooth Shine Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Conditioner, with my favorite morning and pre-shower activities, too, which help to keep my skin from looking lackluster as well. The problem I face with my hair in the winter is dull, dry strands (and sometimes a lot of static). It helps to use a smoothing shampoo that amps up the shine to keep my long hair from looking tired.
Find Avalon at a store near you!
Step One: Dry Brushing
Before showering, I dry brush to exfoliate dead skin cells and stimulate my lymphatic system to drain lymph fluid. Dry brushing feels energizing, supports your immune system and encourages natural detoxification (read this article if you haven’t). It’s great to do first thing in the morning to wake you up! Your lymphatic system is made up of organs, lymph nodes, ducts, and vessels that transport lymph fluid throughout your body, helping to kill off infection, get rid of toxins, and filter out waste. Many of these lymph vessels run just below the skin, so dry brushing can help encourage lymphatic drainage through the skin. (see this article here).
Step Two: Smooth Shine Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
After gently brushing out my hair, I hop in the shower and lather up with the Avalon Organics® Smooth Shine Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo. This formula clarifies and restores hair that’s overworked or weighed down by product build-up to its natural pH balance to reveal shiny, renewed hair that is silky smooth! I love the light, clean and fresh scent and don’t worry, the formula is not overpowered by the apple cider vinegar! After rinsing, I’ll move onto the Smooth Shine Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner to further lock in shine and reduce flyaways for a smooth look.
Some things you should know about Avalon Organics®:
- All shampoos and conditioners are EWG VERIFIED which means they meet the Environmental Working Group’s strictest criteria for ingredients, transparency, and health
- Formulas are free of parabens, synthetic fragrances and colors
- Products are vegan, non-GMO, and biodegradable
Step Three: Daily Apple Cider Vinegar Shot
Apple Cider Vinegar doesn’t have to end at your hair care routine. Keep the theme going by drinking 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with the mother) on an empty stomach to further encourage detoxification and prime your digestion. It’s been shown to aid in weight loss, help balance the pH of your body, and boost energy. The natural enzymes can assist your body in ridding of candida, too! The benefits are endless. (See this article here.)
I hope you love my new Winter Prep Hair Care Routine for dull and dry hair!
How are you preparing your hair for winter? Let us know in the comments below 🙂
- A 10-year-old migrant girl died last year in government care, officials acknowledge May 23, 2019The federal agency that oversees the care of unaccompanied migrant children acknowledged to CBS News on Wednesday that a 10-year-old girl from El Salv […]
- 2020 Hopefuls Harris, Gillibrand Unveil Legislation Aimed At Improving Maternal Care In U.S. May 23, 2019Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) released separate bills that both target dismal statistics on maternal care in the U.S. […]
- Care minister Caroline Dinenage 'deeply sorry' over hospital abuse May 23, 2019The abuse of patients at Whorlton Hall hospital in County Durham has been condemned as "appalling" by a government minister. Undercover BBC […]
- Florida day care owner arrested after leaving baby girl hot van, killing her, police say May 22, 2019A Florida day care owner was arrested on child neglect charges on Wednesday after a baby girl died in a scorching hot van outside of the facility. Pol […]
- Feds say a sixth migrant child died while in the care of authorities in September May 22, 2019A 10-year-old migrant child died while in the care of the Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Refugee Resettlement in September of […]