- Papa John’s Is Hiring Chief Vegan Officer to Develop New Menu Options November 3, 2019Pizza chain Papa John’s is currently recruiting a Chief Vegan Officer (CVO) to help expand its vegan menu options in the United Kingdom. The new role will support the company’s Head of Research and Development in innovating Papa John’s vegan menu in 2020 to ensure the chain offers exciting options to its vegan customers. The […]
- Northern California’s Alameda County Bans Cruel Sheep Rodeos November 2, 2019During a board meeting this week, Alameda County in Northern California passed a ban on “mutton busting”—a practice where children jump on sheep to race them as the animals desperately try to escape. The practice was common during the county’s annual Castro Valley’s Rowell Ranch Rodeo. Animal-rights groups In Defense of Animals (IDA) and Coalition […]
- Meal-Kit Company Purple Carrot Launches Vegan Thanksgiving Box Nationwide November 2, 2019Plant-based meal-kit service Purple Carrot recently launched a Thanksgiving box which ships nationwide. The box includes ingredients and recipes for: Hasselback Butternut Squash with Cider Glaze & Rosemary Pecan Dukkah; Rustic Ciabatta Stuffing with Root Vegetables & Herb Sausage; Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Oyster Mushrooms & Garlic Kimchi Butter; Classic Gravy; and Cranberry Citrus Cake […]
- WATCH: Cory Booker Pays Tribute to World Vegan Day November 1, 2019Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker—who has been vegan since 2014—released a humorous video montage in celebration of World Vegan Day. The video shows Booker raving about vegan foods, meeting fellow vegans, telling vegan jokes, and asking a woman to hold his brownie—which he made sure to tell her was a “vegan brownie.” Booker has frequently […]
- Burger King to Add Two Meatless Burgers to Menu in Europe November 1, 2019International fast-food chain Burger King will add two new meatless options to its locations across Europe. Jose Cil, the chief executive of Burger King’s parent company Restaurant Brands International, told Bloomberg that the chain will expand its plant-based options but is not currently disclosing further details of the launch. In April, Burger King began its […]
- Beauty Brand Launches Vegan Impeach Lipgloss to Benefit Human-Rights Organizations November 1, 2019Beauty brand Lipslut recently released a vegan “Impeach” lip gloss that helps fund social-justice organizations. After placing an order for Impeach lip gloss, customers can vote for social-justice organizations The Human Rights Campaign, IGNITE, Planned Parenthood, RAICES, She Should Run, TIME’S UP, The Victory Institute, or When We All Vote and Lipslut will donate a […]
- Taqueria Chain Dos Toros Adds Vegan Impossible Beef in New York and Chicago November 1, 2019Fast-casual taqueria chain Dos Toros recently added plant-based Impossible Meat to the menu of all 21 locations in New York City and Chicago. The new plant-based, Mexican-style ground beef—which is marinated in spices such as paprika and black pepper before being sautéed—can be ordered instead of animal-derived beef in dishes such as burritos, nachos, and […]
My junior chefs of Gayatri's Gourmet at DAV Public School cook up THE most requested recipe – Pizza! Parents constantly complain that lids order pizza online and would be great if this recipe had a healthy twist. I used local, Punjabi ingredients for an otherwise Italian recipe. So much so that the pizza sauce has local veggies like bottle gourd and pumpkin, generally, not preferred by kids. The pizza dough, also made from scratch, is ideal to inculcate kneading techniques and understanding fermentation, yet and bacteria in cooking. So here we are with our super healthy pizza and a 7 veggie sauce.