This post of random meals is a pretty accurate representation of how I’m eating these days — plenty of healthy, whole foods with some decadent breads and treats mixed in. We’ll start with this image of a very healthy meal that I made last week — Sauteed Swiss Chard & Chickpeas Over Creamy Grits.
Technically, I used plain ole cornmeal instead of grits because that’s what I had. But the only difference is how finely the grain is milled. Cornmeal makes for lovely grits replacement. The Swiss . chard and chickpeas were sauteed with onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and a little bit lemon juice. Simple and delicious.
On Friday night, my friend Megan came over to celebrate the pagan holiday of Imbolc — the midway point between winter and spring. Traditionally, seeded foods were eaten as a symbol of the Earth’s fertility. So we made seeded bread! It was a fun activity to do together. We took turns mixing (but she pretty much handled the kneading. I hate kneading!). Very good bread!
The next morning, I stopped by the Lulu’s Baked booth at the Cooper-Young Farmers Market for a Morning Bun (and not pictured because I ate it, Snickerdoorle!). Don’s vegan morning buns are like a cross between a cinnamon roll and a croissant.
Here’s a bowl of Oats with Nectarines & Blueberries that I had for breakfast yesterday. I’ve had smoothies for breakfast pretty much daily since October, and I’m getting a little bored with it. So I’ll be doing oats for awhile (with smoothies mixed in when I’m pressed for time).
And finally, here’s a Baked Potato with Chili (made with Beyond beef and beans) & Nooch. Paul and I had this for dinner last night. I put the potatoes in the Crock Pot and let them bake all day. Crock Pot potatoes are the best! Just wrap with foil and put them in the Crock Pot on low for 8 hours.
- 8 Musicals Move On to Round 2 of the 2019 Broadway Brackets March 25, 2019Voting is complete and the results are in for Division 2, Round 1 of Broadway Brackets 2019! <section><h2><p> […]
- Joliet City Council Candidates, Campaign Donations March 24, 2019It shows $279 for cash on hand and no contributions so far in 2019. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/i&amp;amp;amp;amp […]
- 2019 KTM 790 Adventure And 790 Adventure R First Ride March 22, 2019amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;br _moz_dirty="" /&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; Rally DNA, adventure capability KTM has always […]
- Third Annual Broadway Brackets Championship Kicks Off March 21 March 21, 2019amp;amp;lt;section><h2><p>Wicked vs. Gypsy (2003 ... […]
- Poll: Which of these extreme photos best captures this winter wrath? March 20, 2019The 4,500-person town was essentially turned into an island with all roads in and out flooded. <section><h2><p& […]