This post of random meals is a pretty accurate representation of how I’m eating these days — plenty of healthy, whole foods with some decadent breads and treats mixed in. We’ll start with this image of a very healthy meal that I made last week — Sauteed Swiss Chard & Chickpeas Over Creamy Grits.
Technically, I used plain ole cornmeal instead of grits because that’s what I had. But the only difference is how finely the grain is milled. Cornmeal makes for lovely grits replacement. The Swiss . chard and chickpeas were sauteed with onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and a little bit lemon juice. Simple and delicious.
On Friday night, my friend Megan came over to celebrate the pagan holiday of Imbolc — the midway point between winter and spring. Traditionally, seeded foods were eaten as a symbol of the Earth’s fertility. So we made seeded bread! It was a fun activity to do together. We took turns mixing (but she pretty much handled the kneading. I hate kneading!). Very good bread!
The next morning, I stopped by the Lulu’s Baked booth at the Cooper-Young Farmers Market for a Morning Bun (and not pictured because I ate it, Snickerdoorle!). Don’s vegan morning buns are like a cross between a cinnamon roll and a croissant.
Here’s a bowl of Oats with Nectarines & Blueberries that I had for breakfast yesterday. I’ve had smoothies for breakfast pretty much daily since October, and I’m getting a little bored with it. So I’ll be doing oats for awhile (with smoothies mixed in when I’m pressed for time).
And finally, here’s a Baked Potato with Chili (made with Beyond beef and beans) & Nooch. Paul and I had this for dinner last night. I put the potatoes in the Crock Pot and let them bake all day. Crock Pot potatoes are the best! Just wrap with foil and put them in the Crock Pot on low for 8 hours.
- 12 Best Songs of the Week: Hatchie, Mark Ronson and Angel Olsen, Absolutely Free, and More June 21, 2019This is about fan obsession where we've turned the extreme into the ridiculous!" Steve Gunn: "Be Still Moon" and "Shrunken He […]
- The Wrap: Wealth, A-REITs And Yield Stocks June 20, 2019Morgan Stanley believes AMP ((AMP)) and IOOF ((IFL)) have no choice but to reposition their businesses or risk continuing outflows and declining margi […]
- Five top tips for inspiring pupils with technology June 20, 2019Here are her five top tips to creating a school makerspace to get pupils inspired by science and technology. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;h2 […]
- Opening Doors. Inspiring Careers. June 19, 2019amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” […]
- rygter om svar på torsdag June 16, 2019u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avanza.se%2Fplacera%2Fforum%2Fforum%2Fbeowulf-mining.html%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2PTiwwo_OFzPVZWfO-bRBZSnRdt90Hw-F-vJ8uOFJd4RTuRHHcZ8afUzY […]