- Saturday Night Live Jokes About the Downfall of Dairy November 19, 2019A recent episode of comedy show Saturday Night Live (SNL) explored the downfall of the dairy industry following the recent bankruptcy filing of dairy giant Dean Foods. The “Weekend Update” segment opened with host Michael Che, who interviewed (fictitious) Dean Foods president of milk distribution Scooter Rineholdt (played by Kyle Mooney). “There’s nothing wrong with […]
- Ford Debuts Vegan Mustang Model November 19, 2019Ford recently unveiled its newest car model: the vegan Mustang Mach-E SUV—which will be available for purchase online and at certified Ford dealerships in late 2020. The electric SUV is a departure from Ford’s traditional Mustang models in its design, including its interior—which can be ordered in a variety of trims, all of which are […]
- US Could Finally Ban Cosmetic Animal Testing Nationwide November 19, 2019This week, the Humane Cosmetics Act—new federal legislation that seeks to ban the testing of cosmetic products on animals—was introduced to the United States Senate. The act was introduced by a bipartisan group of senators that includes vegan Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ), Senator Martha McSally (R-AZ), Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), and Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI). […]
- Paris Bans Wild Animal Circuses November 19, 2019Wild animal circuses will no longer exist in Paris, following a resolution passed by the city council that will prohibit new land authorizations by the end of 2020. The city will reward €50,000 ($55,000) across three years to each circus that contractually agrees to cease exploiting animals for entertainment. Paris currently has three circus companies […]
- Umami Burger Shifts Menu to Focus on Plant-Based Burgers November 19, 2019This month, fast-casual chain Umami Burger unveiled an updated menu at 16 of its participating locations. The menu refresh—a first for the chain, which has been in operation since 2009—allows customers to order an Impossible Burger (and gluten-free bun) in place of any meat-based patty and features a new vegan cookies and cream milkshake. The […]
- Chobani Expands Non-Dairy Line with Oat-Based Yogurts, Milks, and Drinks November 18, 2019This month, yogurt brand Chobani will debut The World of Chobani Oat—a new line of oat-based products, including several plant-based options. The new line features oat drinks in four flavors (Plain, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Plain Extra Creamy); yogurts in four flavors (Vanilla, Strawberry Vanilla, Blueberry Pomegranate, and Peach Mandarin); and yogurt cups with crunchy toppings […]
- The Herbivorous Butcher Enters Into “Vegan Butcher” Trademark Dispute with Nestlé November 18, 2019Sibling-owned vegan shop The Herbivorous Butcher is in the midst of a trademark battle with food corporation Nestlé USA. In August 2017, The Herbivorous Butcher attempted to register the trademark “Vegan Butcher” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Shortly after the USPTO denied The Herbivorous Butcher the trademark—citing that the term was […]
Have a picky pet or a furry friend who could use a health boost? Yes, our canine counterparts can be vegan, just like we can! Dogs are omnivorous, meaning that they can subsist on meat and/or plant foods. Especially with our large breed Bernese Mountain Dog, proper nutrition and reducing inflammation is of utmost importance!
We initially switched Beau to a vegan dog kibble, V-Dog, because he simply did not enjoy and would not eat his other name-brand conventional kibble. When we let him try V-Dog for the first time, he gobbled it up so fast, we knew we couldn't go back! From time to time, we also enjoy whipping up some homemade vegan dog food for our fur baby in our Instant Pot, because we think pets should get to enjoy a variety of fruits, veggies, and whole grains just like we do! We found dietary information shared by fellow YouTuber, High Carb Hannah to be super helpful to us in formulating our recipe, so be sure to check out her video linked below! This plant-based recipe is simple and nutritious, and helps to extend the use of your vegan kibble, and make it more tasty and enjoyable for your pup!
★ EatMoveRest on the V-Dog Blog:
★ EatMoveRest Costa Rica Retreat (Plant-based, All-Inclusive, Full-Immersion, 7-Day (March 2019): EatMoveRest.com/costarica
Check out Erin's website and blog at for more info on coaching services, as well as delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, workouts, and rest & relaxation techniques. Be sure to joint the EatMoveRest community and subscribe to the email list to receive a FREE "How To Go Vegan" PDF + the monthly motivational "In The Raw" newsletter, as well as product discounts, exclusive content, announcements, and more!
★ V-Dog Vegan Dog Food (use discount code EatMoveRest at checkout):
★ Vegan Dog Q+A:
★ Questioning whether V-Dog is Safe?:
★ VegeDog, Green Mush, Cranimals Supplements & Vegan Canine Nutrition Info:
★ Reference High Carb Hannah For More Helpful Canine Nutrition & Recipes Info:
★ Instant Pot:
★ Become a Foster Pet Parent!:
★ More Raw & Vegan Recipes:
★ More Plant-based FAQ:
★ Snapchat: ErinStanczyk DBStanczyk
★ Coach, Connect, Collaborate: