For $35 off your first week of Sunbasket and $10 off your second, visit: and use code SARAH45.
This video is sponsored by Sunbasket.
✹ Recipes from this Video ✹
-800 grams shredded cabbage (this is usually roughly half of a medium-sized cabbage, if you don't have a scale)
-1 tablespoon sea salt
-a few cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
-you can also add black pepper, fresh dill, a teaspoon of caraway seeds — anything you like!
-Sprinkle the sea salt over your shredded cabbage and massage it for a long time until cabbage has shrunk considerably in size and let out a good amount of excess moisture.
-Stir in any add-ins you like, and transfer this mixture to a *very clean* jar, including the extra liquid. (This salty brine helps to keep bad bacteria from growing while the cabbage ferments). Make sure all the cabbage is submerged in brine.
-Ferment in a dark place for a month!
♥︎ Chickpea Brownies
-1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
-1/2 cup almond butter
-1/3 cup pure maple syrup
-1/4 cup coconut sugar
-1/4 cup cocoa powder
-1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-1/4 tsp salt (add 1/2 tsp if you’re using no-salt added chickpeas)
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus more to top.
-Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8” or 9×9” baking pan.
-In a food processor, combine chickpeas, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla and puree until as smooth as possible.
-Add in sugar, cocoa powder, flaxseeds, salt, baking powder and baking soda and process until combined.
-Stir in chocolate chips and spread batter in prepared pan. Top with an additional sprinkling of chocolate chips.
-Baking for 22-25 minutes, or until center is set. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
♥︎ Potato Salad with Tempeh Bacon
-2 cups baby potatoes, halved or quartered
-1 bunch broccolini, cut into 1” pieces
-1 package tempeh, crumbled or cut into 1/4” thick pieces
-tempeh bacon marinade (recipe follows)
-2 carrots, shredded
-1 medium shallot, minced
-2 scallions, finely sliced
-handful cherry tomatoes, sliced
-mustard vinaigrette (recipe follows)
-Cover tempeh pieces in water in a saucepan and bring to a very gentle boil. Cook for 5 minutes, until just softened, then drain.
-Whisk together tempeh marinade (see below) and toss tempeh pieces to coat. Allow to marinate while you prepare other ingredients.
-Cover cut potatoes with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
-In the meantime, drizzle a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and pan-fry marinated tempeh pieces until crispy.
-Combine your minced shallots and scallions with the mustard vinaigrette (see below).
-When potatoes are done, remove from water with a slotted spoon. In the same water, add your chopped broccolini and blanch for just 2-3 minutes, until bright green.
-Drain broccolini. You can shock potatoes and broccolini in ice water if you want a cold potato salad, or leave them hot. Combine the potatoes, shredded carrots, broccolini, cherry tomatoes, and mustard vinaigrette. Top with tempeh bacon and serve.
♥︎ Mustard Vinaigrette
-1/4 cup white vinegar
-1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
-1 clove garlic
-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup vegan yogurt or cashew cream
-1/4 cup olive oil
Add all ingredients except for olive oil into a blender or food processor and blend together. While blender is still running, drizzle in olive oil in a thin stream and blend until dressing is creamy.
♥︎ Tempeh Bacon Marinade
-1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
-1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (to preference)
-1 tablespoon liquid smoke
-1 tablespoon oil
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon paprika
= = = = =
♥︎ Vegan Caesar with Farro and Toasted Pine Nuts
-1 head romaine, washed and chopped
-1/2 cup farro
-1/3 cup pine nuts
-handful cherry tomatoes, sliced
-1/3 cup vegan caesar dressing (recipe follows)
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
-Bring farro to a boil in a saucepan with 2 cups water. Simmer for 15 minutes, until tender, then drain.
-In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a skillet over medium-low heat, shaking the pan often, until lightly golden brown.
-Combine cooked farro, romaine, cherry tomatoes, dill, and caesar dressing.
-Top with toasted pine nuts and serve.
♥︎ Caesar Dressing
Here’s a super easy recipe I love!
✹ Find Me! ✹
instagram (personal) | @thesarahsullivan
instagram (vegan product reviews) | @sarahs.vegan.eats
recipe blog |
✹ Contact Me! ✹
for business inquiries → firstname.lastname@example.org
✹ More ✹
my video gear + cooking equipment →
✹ About Me! ✹
Welcome to Sarah’s Vegan Kitchen! My name is Sarah Sullivan. I share vegan recipes, from healthy meal ideas to plant-based versions of comfort food dishes I used to love.
- These 20 companies use food waste to make new food June 19, 2019The vegan mayo made by Sir Kensington’s replaces eggs with aquafaba, the liquid made from cooking chickpeas—something that it sources ... It sells the […]
- What to Eat with Hummus (Besides Boring Old Crackers) June 13, 2019Try subbing hummus for some of the fat in your favorite brownie recipe (just a few tablespoons should do it, don’t go crazy). The chickpea spread will […]
- A Week In Atlanta, GA, On A Joint $146,000 Income June 12, 2019I grab a gluten-free brownie and turmeric lemonade ... I run downstairs and make my partner a quick breakfast of blueberry oatmeal and a chickpea sala […]
- Judy Walker's Roux Believer: Community teaching kitchen makes everyday healthy meals easy June 12, 2019Aunt and nephew Lynette Thornton and Taray Roberts cooked fudgy black bean brownies and quinoa lettuce wraps with ... there’s a wrong way to cut an on […]
- Judy Walker's Roux Believer: Quinoa Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce, Roasted Creole Chickpeas, Fudgy Black Bean Brownies June 12, 20191. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook, covered, 15-20 minutes. Remove pot from heat; let stand […]