Former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham has become the latest fashion designer to pledge to stop using exotic animal skins in her designs. Beckham’s line has never used animal fur, but her latest pledge means clothing and accessories made from alligator, crocodile, ostrich, and snake skins will be discontinued as of the Fall 2019 collection. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) prompted the pledge after it conducted several exposés into the exotic-skins industry. “Behind every crocodile, alligator, snake, or lizard handbag or pair of shoes is a violent death,” PETA UK Director Elisa Allen said. “Victoria Beckham’s decision to ban exotic skins will spare countless remarkable animals immense suffering, and PETA UK calls on other luxury brands to follow her kind example.” Beckham joins a growing list of fashion labels that have banned the use of exotic skins or other animal materials in recent years, including Chanel, Gucci, and Michael Kors.
- Avon fundraiser for Friendship Animal Protective League helps pets go from “Wags to Riches” March 23, 2019AVON, OH (WOIO) - The 10th annual “Wags to Riches” fundraiser for the Friendship Animal Protective League of Lorain County was a paw-some success afte […]
- Animal Sanctuary owner sues four Adams County deputies, neighbors over shooting range fire March 23, 2019Editor's note: Contact7 seeks out audience tips and feedback to help people in need, resolve problems and hold the powerful accountable. If you k […]
- Happy Birthday: Brookfield Zoo's oldest animal turns 50 March 23, 2019BROOKFIELD, Ill. -- Brookfield Zoo's oldest animal turned 50 on Saturday. Adelaide, a short-beaked echidna was presented with a nutritious birthd […]
- 80 dogs removed from animal shelter in Florida Panhandle March 23, 2019NICEVILLE, Fla. (AP) — About 80 dogs were removed from a Florida Panhandle shelter, where authorities said the malnourished animals had been standing […]
- Woman Killed By Her 2 Pit Bulls In Attack At Irving Animal Hospital March 23, 2019IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman has died from her injuries after her two pit bulls attacked her at an Irving animal hospital, and responding officers we […]