Former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham has become the latest fashion designer to pledge to stop using exotic animal skins in her designs. Beckham’s line has never used animal fur, but her latest pledge means clothing and accessories made from alligator, crocodile, ostrich, and snake skins will be discontinued as of the Fall 2019 collection. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) prompted the pledge after it conducted several exposés into the exotic-skins industry. “Behind every crocodile, alligator, snake, or lizard handbag or pair of shoes is a violent death,” PETA UK Director Elisa Allen said. “Victoria Beckham’s decision to ban exotic skins will spare countless remarkable animals immense suffering, and PETA UK calls on other luxury brands to follow her kind example.” Beckham joins a growing list of fashion labels that have banned the use of exotic skins or other animal materials in recent years, including Chanel, Gucci, and Michael Kors.
- Missouri man killed when ATV strikes animal May 20, 2019DE SOTO, Mo. (AP) — A 37-year-old eastern Missouri man has died after the ATV he was driving struck an animal. The Missouri State Highway Patrol says […]
- Brownfield animal control officer seizes dog May 20, 2019BROWNFIELD, Maine — A dog that reportedly mauled another dog outside the Brownfield Public Library on May 7 was seized under court order by the local […]
- Animal Biotechnology Markets, Technologies, & Competitive Landscape 2018-2028 Featuring 120+ Companies & 108 Collaborations May 20, 2019DUBLIN, May 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Animal Biotechnology - Technologies, Markets and Companies" report from Jain PharmaBiotech has bee […]
- Woman caught on camera abandoning cat at Woodhaven Trenton Animal Shelter May 20, 2019WOODHAVEN, Mich. (WXYZ) — Woodhaven police are investigating a case of animal abandonment. Signs are clearly posted outside the Woodhaven Trenton Anim […]
- Cat stuck in barbed wire rescued by firefighters, Animal Protection Officers in Tucson May 20, 2019Multiple agencies assisted in the rescue of a cat Monday near in Tucson, Ajo and Mission. According to a tweet from the Pima Animal Care Center, the c […]