My son loves his veggies, but if your kid fusses over eating vegetables, then you must try this Veggie Pesto Pasta. It is included in my book Domestic Diva along with a lot of other amazing recipes. The USP of this recipe is that it is loaded with vegetables that are camouflaged in the pesto sauce, so your kids will never know and will happily eat it.
This is a one stop dish thats suited for kids and adults alike. This dish is high protein and fibre and low on carbs, hence making it a wholesome nutritious meal.
For pesto sauce
½ cup spinach pre-cooked
½ cup broccoli pre-cooked
1 ½ tbsp. garlic chopped
½ green chilli deseeded
2-3 tbsp. pinenuts
5 to 6 basil leaves
1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic chopped
1 ½ cup quinoa pasta boiled
1 tsp Italian herbs
¼ tsp. black pepper crushed
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. cream (optional)
3 to 4 cherry tomatoes for garnish
Boil quinoa pasta for around 10 to 12 mins and keep aside.
Blanch spinach and broccoli and keep aside.
For making the pesto sauce, in a mixer jar, add spinach, broccoli florets, garlic, green chilli, pinenuts, basil leaves, olive oil and blend into a smooth paste.
Then, add milk to reduce the thickness of the sauce and blend again.
Now, in a deep pan, add olive oil, garlic. Once garlic turns golden, add the pesto sauce mix to the pan and sauté for 2 to 3 mins.
Add quinoa pasta, Italian herbs, crushed black pepper, salt and mix.
Then, add cream and mix well.
Now, transfer to the serving bowl, garnish with some cherry tomatoes and basil leaves and serve hot.
Here is the link for all the fitness freaks out there –
Don't forget to Like & Share for more fitness videos!!!
Like us on Facebook –
Follow us on Twitter –
Follow us on Instagram –
- Victoria Beckham reveals the recipe for her favourite healthy homemade snack June 24, 2019We all know Victoria Beckham is good friends with Gordon Ramsay, and we reckon the famous chef has possibly taught her a thing or two in the kitchen. […]
- Ayesha Curry’s recipe for keeping love alive with Steph: spicy photos June 24, 2019Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) […]
- Back to his roots: Chef Amante Domingo of The Russell shares his favorite salad recipe June 24, 2019“If you come from the dirt, you gotta go back,” Amante Domingo says of his meandering culinary path. Domingo grew up on a 150-acre organic farm near S […]
- Recipe: Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho June 24, 2019Instructions: Combine all ingredients, minus seafood and citrus vinaigrette, and marinate in large bowl for about an hour. Purée with immersion blende […]
- Recipe: Cooling Mint Lassi June 24, 2019Instructions: In a blender, purée the yogurt, water, cumin, black pepper, salt and mint leaves until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve. Notes and va […]