My son loves his veggies, but if your kid fusses over eating vegetables, then you must try this Veggie Pesto Pasta. It is included in my book Domestic Diva along with a lot of other amazing recipes. The USP of this recipe is that it is loaded with vegetables that are camouflaged in the pesto sauce, so your kids will never know and will happily eat it.
This is a one stop dish thats suited for kids and adults alike. This dish is high protein and fibre and low on carbs, hence making it a wholesome nutritious meal.
For pesto sauce
½ cup spinach pre-cooked
½ cup broccoli pre-cooked
1 ½ tbsp. garlic chopped
½ green chilli deseeded
2-3 tbsp. pinenuts
5 to 6 basil leaves
1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic chopped
1 ½ cup quinoa pasta boiled
1 tsp Italian herbs
¼ tsp. black pepper crushed
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. cream (optional)
3 to 4 cherry tomatoes for garnish
Boil quinoa pasta for around 10 to 12 mins and keep aside.
Blanch spinach and broccoli and keep aside.
For making the pesto sauce, in a mixer jar, add spinach, broccoli florets, garlic, green chilli, pinenuts, basil leaves, olive oil and blend into a smooth paste.
Then, add milk to reduce the thickness of the sauce and blend again.
Now, in a deep pan, add olive oil, garlic. Once garlic turns golden, add the pesto sauce mix to the pan and sauté for 2 to 3 mins.
Add quinoa pasta, Italian herbs, crushed black pepper, salt and mix.
Then, add cream and mix well.
Now, transfer to the serving bowl, garnish with some cherry tomatoes and basil leaves and serve hot.
Here is the link for all the fitness freaks out there –
Don't forget to Like & Share for more fitness videos!!!
Like us on Facebook –
Follow us on Twitter –
Follow us on Instagram –
- FDA tells dog owners to avoid "Darwin's Natural' food due to salmonella March 26, 2019The lots are: Darwin’s Natural Pet Products Natural Selections Chicken Recipe with Organic Vegetables for Dogs: 5309(11)181019, manufactured on Octobe […]
- 'It's just a recipe for destruction,' fire chief says of California wildfires March 26, 2019A prolonged drought followed by a welcomed spike in rain and another dry spell has created a "recipe for destruction" that's manifestin […]
- This Vegan Recipe Calls For Cooked Banana Peels And The Internet Has Thoughts March 26, 2019First of all, how does it work? We reached out to Melissa from The Stingy Vegan and discovered that the process only takes a couple of steps. First, t […]
- Introducing Our New Recipe Column March 26, 2019These days, you can find a recipe anywhere that simply helps get a meal on the table. But wouldn’t it be nice if even after dinner's over, you we […]
- Behind The Bar: Bar Margot's Strawberry Basil Margarita Recipe March 26, 2019If you're looking to make all of your Wes Anderson dreams come true this weekend, head to the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta and take a seat at Bar M […]