- Vegan Race Car Champ Lewis Hamilton Asks 13 Million Fans to Boycott Dolphin Shows October 11, 2019Vegan race car champion Lewis Hamilton condemned the exploitation of marine animals for entertainment while visiting Japan to compete in the upcoming Japan Grand Prix. Hamliton—who is becoming a prominent voice for animal rights—took to Instagram to urge his 13.1 million followers to boycott attractions that feature marine animal performances. “So I’m back in Japan, […]
- Antibiotic Resistance in Farmed Animals Nearly Tripled Since 2000 October 11, 2019Antibiotic resistance in animals exploited for food globally has nearly tripled since 2000, according to a recent report published in the Science journal. Researchers from ETH Zurich, the Princeton Environmental Institute, and the Free University of Brussels examined nearly 1,000 publications and unpublished veterinary reports to find that from 2000 until 2018, antibiotics used to […]
- Vegan Soul Food Eatery Sells out in Six Hours on Opening Day October 11, 2019New vegan eatery Vegan Mob opened in Oakland, CA last weekend to lines around the block and sold out of its food in approximately six hours. San Francisco native Toriano Gordon first launched the business as a pop-up with a soul food menu inspired by his grandmother—who used to own a restaurant in San Francisco’s […]
- Vegan Brand Fry Family Foods Donates 5,000 Burgers to California Food Bank October 11, 2019This week, South Africa-based vegan brand Fry Family Foods donated 5,000 plant-based burgers to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County which will distribute the donation to people who are struggling with hunger and homeless in Southern California. “When we saw that 112,000 children in Orange County may go hungry every month and that 22 […]
- Vegan Presses Charges Against “Friends” Who Fed Her Chicken While Drunk October 10, 2019A 24-year-old vegan woman on Reddit pressed charges after her then friends fed her dead chicken flesh while she was inebriated. The Redditor explained the story under the popular topic of AITA—or “Am I the A**hole?,” a post where users ask if they are to blame for the way they acted in various situations. The […]
- Hardee’s to Offer Beyond Meat at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner October 10, 2019Starting on October 16, fast-food chain Hardee’s will offer vegan Beyond Meat options at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The chain will test a new Beyond Breakfast Sausage Biscuit and an Original Beyond Thickburger for a limited time in Raleigh, NC, and Kansas City, MO. The breakfast biscuit includes a Beyond Breakfast Sausage patty on a […]
- Bristol’s Oldest Pub Now Serves Only Vegan Food, Including Sunday Roast October 10, 2019The Hatchet Inn—Bristol, England’s oldest pub that dates back to 1606—now exclusively serves vegan food. The pub partnered with vegan pop-up kitchen Soy Ahoy to offer comfort food such as fully loaded nachos with cashew sour cream and vegan mozzarella, a vegan chicken burger with deep-fried vegan calamari rings, smoked gouda, and sriracha mayonnaise, along […]
Veggie Burger, delicious burger with vegetables
Recipe Link : -(-Burgers-and-Smoothies-Recipe)-36328r
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
The veggie burger is one of the most common burgers around, but let me tell you upfront that this recipe is not a run-of-the-mill one! It is a wonderful indo-western combo, as the cutlet imbibes true Indian spices while the spread uses chilli sauce and oregano to perk up the mayonnaise. Also, unlike the common burgers in which the vegetables are boiled, here we use raw vegetables sautéed to perfection. The complementary colours of the capsicum and potatoes in the salad ensure that it looks very tempting too!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
Cooking Time: 35 minutes.
Makes 4 burgers.
For the cutlets
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 cup chopped potatoes
½ cup finely chopped French beans
½ cup finely chopped carrots
½ cup finely chopped cabbage
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
Salt to taste
¼ cup plain flour (maida)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
½ cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in ¾ cup water
Bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
For the chilli mayo spread
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
For the salad
1 cup sliced coloured capsicum (red, yellow and green)
½ cup boiled and peeled potatoes, cut into long strips like French fries
1 tbsp butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
4 burger buns
4 tsp melted butter
4 lettuce leaves
4 cheese slices
For the cutlets
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
2. Add all the vegetables and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the vegetables from burning.
3. Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
4. Add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Remove from the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
6. While the mixture is yet hot, mash it using a potato masher to a coarse mixture. Keep aside to cool slightly.
7. Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
8. Dip each cutlet in the maida mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
9. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the chilli mayo spread
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the spread into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
For the salad
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the coloured capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
4. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
5. Add 1 portion of the chilli mayo spread and mix well.
6. Divide the salad into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
2. Apply ¾ tbsp of the chilli mayo spread on each buttered side of the bun half.
3. Place the lower half of a bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered–spread side facing up.
4. Place 1 lettuce leaf, a cutlet and a cheese slice over it.
5. Spread 1 portion of the salad on it and cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered–spread side facing down and press it lightly.
6. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
Serve immediately with French fries.