- Blue Sushi to Add New Vegan Eel Rolls to Menu Nationwide November 14, 2019Restaurant chain Blue Sushi Sake Grill recently expanded its vegan menu options to include several new rolls made with Follow Your Heart’s vegan cream cheese and Unami—an eggplant-based vegan eel made by Ocean Hugger Foods. “We worked with the vegan eel for quite some time and were really happy with the flavor profile,” Tony Gentile, […]
- UK’s Largest Meat Market to Offer Vegan Burgers For the First Time in 800 Years November 14, 2019British vegan brand Moving Mountain Foods will be the first brand to offer plant-based meat at London’s Smithfield Market—the United Kingdom’s largest meat market which has been in operation for 800 years. The Moving Mountains vegan burger will soon be available from meat supplier P.J. Martinelli. The supplier’s decision to stock the burger reflects the […]
- Another UK University Votes to Ditch Beef November 14, 2019The University of East Anglia’s (UAE) student-elected Union Council voted to stop the sale of beef on campus in an effort to fight climate change. The students want to build on the existing Meat Free Monday policy on campus with new vegan food options on other days and a general shift away from environmentally damaging […]
- Mars to Launch Its First Vegan Milk Chocolate Bar in UK November 13, 2019On November 18, chocolate company Mars, Incorporated will debut its first vegan milk chocolate Galaxy line in the United Kingdom. The company spent six months developing the new milk chocolate bars which are made with hazelnut paste and rice syrup instead of dairy milk. “This is our first vegan product and we felt it was […]
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Invest in Vegan Brand Miyoko’s November 13, 2019Celebrity couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi recently invested an undisclosed amount in vegan brand Miyoko’s Creamery to support its efforts to launch new products in 2020. “Being kind to one another is not just about people, it extends to animals as well,” DeGeneres said. “Portia and I have been customers of Miyoko’s Creamery […]
- Jon Stewart Promotes Veganism at <i>The Game Changers</i> Screening November 13, 2019Comedian and television host Jon Stewart recently hosted a screening of vegan documentary The Game Changers at Monmouth University in New Jersey. The groundbreaking film follows a diverse group of elite athletes who have thrived on a plant-based diet with the aim of dispelling the myth that consumption of animal products is key for athletic […]
- 250 Stadiums, Arenas, and Convention Centers Will Soon Serve 20 More Vegan Meals November 13, 2019Twenty new vegan meals will soon be added to the menus of more than 250 arenas, stadiums, and convention centers across the country. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and Spectra Food Services & Hospitality—a leading provider of food services for venues across North America—are partnering for the first-ever Plant-Based Innovation Workshop on […]
Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich | Healthy Game Day Recipes | Tailgate Party Food | With Pesto Sauce Recipe
Try our delicious vegetarian pesto sandwich at your next game day party or tailgater! This Veggie and Pesto Sandwich is a Super food packed with flavor!
Pesto Sauce Recipe:
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
4 oz freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano
cheese (We used Parmesan)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts (We used walnuts this time)
3 or more garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
Pulse everything in a food processor making sure to scrap down the sides half way through.
Game Day Pesto Sandwich Recipe:
1 french baguette, halved lengthwise and in the middle
Drizzle with olive oil and heat in the oven on 350 for 10 minutes. (This is a great time to add cheese, if you want your cheese melted.)
Spread Pesto on bread
Add cucumber, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, arugula, cheese, and chips to sandwich.
We used the above veggies on our sandwich, but please feel free to add any toppings you love to make it perfect for you!
Check out my website:
Follow me on Instagram:
Follow me on Pinterest: