Marcy Schveibinz, VRG volunteer
daughter got married last May and we contracted with Green Plate Catering, a
farm-to-table catering company based in Silver Spring, Maryland which serves
the Baltimore and Washington DC areas. We requested all
vegan menus and Green Plate did not disappoint. Green Plate started
as a small brown bg vegetarian catering business 30 years ago and does full
service for events large and small. Catering to special
dietary needs such as vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free is their specialty.
philosophy is sustainable, seasonal, local, and organic. Green Plate uses
Veteran Compost to divert their food scraps and waste from the landfill to
healthy soil. They
work closely with ECO City Farms to source their produce. ECO City Farms is a
non-profit educational farm in Maryland that trains farmers and local children
in sustainable, all natural farming techniques. Their founder, Kit
Wood, has been doing organic catering for over 30 years (before it was cool). They
donate their leftovers to Martha’s Table, a local food bank. Also, they specialize in
Zero Waste events, where everything is either consumed, composted, or recycled,
leaves nothing going to the landfill.
Hurley is the head chef at Green Plate Catering and was the point of contact
for our event. I
can’t say enough about how wonderful it was working with him. Steve was easy to
communicate with, responsive, and flexible during the entire planning process. He worked with us
on every detail to ensure the event went smoothly and that we were totally
takes great pride in the food creations and service that Green Plate provides. From
the initial proposal, to creating a varied menu, making adjustments, food
tastings, and selecting tableware, Steve made the experience painless and
service was highly personalized and customized to our preferences and the
tastes of our guests.
wedding event at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, Maryland included 3 different
sites for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, along with a totally
different site plan in case of rain. Green Plate helped
us to plan for each part and possible scenario of our event.
Our menu consisted of Vietnamese spring rolls, asparagus crostini, and twice baked potato croquets for appetizers. A buffet dinner included a falafel bar, Seitan Asada, and a Gnocchi station with a choice of tomato basil marinara, arugula pesto, and mushroom ragout. The favorite among the guests was the gnocchi station, but every dish was delicious and beautifully presented. Green Plate’s cake chef created a yummy vanilla cake with white vanilla maple buttercream frosting decorated simply but elegantly.
couple of weeks after the wedding, Steve followed up in an email from his
staff: “We were all very proud to be a part of such a well-executed and
beautiful wedding.” Steve
and the entire Green Plate staff played a key role in the beauty and wonder of
our special day.
can reach Greenplate Catering here: https://www.greenplatecatering.com
- Catering student kills junior over ties with his cousin June 26, 2019Chennai: A 19-year-old catering technology student on Wednesday afternoon stabbed a junior to death in front of the institution building in Thoraipakk […]
- Airbnb Is Now Catering to the 1 Percent With Airbnb Luxe, Which Includes an Island for $1 Million a Week June 26, 2019When Airbnb first launched, it was an affordable alternative to hotels. Now, it's even more expensive — at least, that's the case for Airbnb […]
- Click Moment | 'Catering to enterprises helped us push our limits' June 26, 2019In early 2015, Geet Garg and I were working on a women’s safety app, RideSafe, that worked as a real-time route deviation detection application. We we […]
- Starting a Small-Scale Catering Business: A How-To Guide June 25, 2019Are your cupcakes famous in your small town? Do you love to host foodie get-togethers for family and friends, crudités platter and cheese tray in tow? […]
- Former Annex Lounge space is about to become a restaurant/bar catering to veterans June 25, 2019Steve Field first learned his way around the kitchen as an infantry cook in the U.S. Army. Now he’s a veteran who’s about to realize a longtime dream: […]