I love Superbowl snacks, and most years, we stay home and eat homemade vegan buffalo wings, chips and dip, and other festive finger foods. But we don’t have cable at home, and finding a way to stream the game online is always a hassle. So this year, we opted to watch the Superbowl at RP Tracks — a college sports bar by the University of Memphis. And our friend Misti joined us!
We grabbed a table right by the biggest TV and ordered a couple 22-ounce beers to get started. Paul and I got there early to save the table, but we wanted to wait until game time to order food. So we got an appetizer of Buffalo Tofu to hold us over. These crispy strips are coated in buffalo sauce. They’re really good!
That satisfied us over until the game started, but I was pretty hungry by then. Paul and I always split an order of BBQ Tofu Nachos when we go to Tracks. So that’s what we did! Here’s a terrible photo taken after I’d dug in. As you can see, we brought our own homemade guac because Tracks doesn’t serve guac anymore (they used to!).
We get our chips on the side and the toppings — crispy BBQ tofu, black beans, lettuce, tomato, and jalapeno are served in a separate pan. It doesn’t make for a very pretty meal that way, but it’s much easier to eat. Here’s what the nachos look like served as is (this is from an old picture I’d taken before I discovered the “chips on the side” pro tip).
The game itself (and the halftime show) was probably the most boring Superbowl of all time. But at least the food was delicious!
- Apparently Patriots Committed Pass Interference At End Of Super Bowl LIII March 26, 2019The NFL will now allow coaches to review called and non-called pass interference penalties in a rule approved at Tuesday’s league meeting. As part of […]
- Tottenham desperate to host Super Bowl and be the home of first NFL team outside of US March 26, 2019Spurs are preparing to open their £850m new stadium and want to bring the NFL's showpiece season finale to north London The Londoners also want t […]
- NFL competition committee admits Rams should have gotten key call near end of Super Bowl March 26, 2019The NFL Annual Meeting is currently going on in Arizona and we have some big rule changes going on. But we also have a strange admission from the NFL […]
- Stephen A. Smith Picks Super Bowl LIV Favorite After Rob Gronkowski’s Retirement March 26, 2019Pending he doesn’t opt for an NFL comeback, Rob Gronkowski won’t be part of the New England Patriots’ 2019 plans. Gronkowski on Sunday announced his r […]
- Packers at Bears will open 2019 NFL season instead of Super Bowl champion March 26, 2019The first game goes to the Second City. The NFL will open its 100th season in September with the league’s oldest rivalry, Green Bay at Chicago, a depa […]