- Saturday Night Live Jokes About the Downfall of Dairy November 19, 2019A recent episode of comedy show Saturday Night Live (SNL) explored the downfall of the dairy industry following the recent bankruptcy filing of dairy giant Dean Foods. The “Weekend Update” segment opened with host Michael Che, who interviewed (fictitious) Dean Foods president of milk distribution Scooter Rineholdt (played by Kyle Mooney). “There’s nothing wrong with […]
- Ford Debuts Vegan Mustang Model November 19, 2019Ford recently unveiled its newest car model: the vegan Mustang Mach-E SUV—which will be available for purchase online and at certified Ford dealerships in late 2020. The electric SUV is a departure from Ford’s traditional Mustang models in its design, including its interior—which can be ordered in a variety of trims, all of which are […]
- US Could Finally Ban Cosmetic Animal Testing Nationwide November 19, 2019This week, the Humane Cosmetics Act—new federal legislation that seeks to ban the testing of cosmetic products on animals—was introduced to the United States Senate. The act was introduced by a bipartisan group of senators that includes vegan Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ), Senator Martha McSally (R-AZ), Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), and Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI). […]
- Paris Bans Wild Animal Circuses November 19, 2019Wild animal circuses will no longer exist in Paris, following a resolution passed by the city council that will prohibit new land authorizations by the end of 2020. The city will reward €50,000 ($55,000) across three years to each circus that contractually agrees to cease exploiting animals for entertainment. Paris currently has three circus companies […]
- Umami Burger Shifts Menu to Focus on Plant-Based Burgers November 19, 2019This month, fast-casual chain Umami Burger unveiled an updated menu at 16 of its participating locations. The menu refresh—a first for the chain, which has been in operation since 2009—allows customers to order an Impossible Burger (and gluten-free bun) in place of any meat-based patty and features a new vegan cookies and cream milkshake. The […]
- Chobani Expands Non-Dairy Line with Oat-Based Yogurts, Milks, and Drinks November 18, 2019This month, yogurt brand Chobani will debut The World of Chobani Oat—a new line of oat-based products, including several plant-based options. The new line features oat drinks in four flavors (Plain, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Plain Extra Creamy); yogurts in four flavors (Vanilla, Strawberry Vanilla, Blueberry Pomegranate, and Peach Mandarin); and yogurt cups with crunchy toppings […]
- The Herbivorous Butcher Enters Into “Vegan Butcher” Trademark Dispute with Nestlé November 18, 2019Sibling-owned vegan shop The Herbivorous Butcher is in the midst of a trademark battle with food corporation Nestlé USA. In August 2017, The Herbivorous Butcher attempted to register the trademark “Vegan Butcher” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Shortly after the USPTO denied The Herbivorous Butcher the trademark—citing that the term was […]
VEGAN SPANISH TORTILLA | Healthy Vegan Recipe | With Potatoes & No Eggs
A very typical and essential recipe from Spain, this vegan Spanish tortilla is really tasty and easy to make. Made with potatoes and absolutely no eggs, it has all the flavor and the texture of this great classical dish of the Spanish cuisine.
Besides, it's low fat and very healthy!
Let's see how to make this vegan Spanish tortilla step by step.
Don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT down below if this video added you any value.
SUBSCRIBE for new videos every Saturday!
And sometimes on Tuesday, too!
And don't forget to visit our website for more about us!
VEGAN SPANISH TORTILLA
– 2 medium Potatoes
– 1 medium Onion
1/2 Red Pepper
7 tbsp Chickpeas flour
14 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Apple vinegar
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Onion powder
Pepper & Salt at taste
– 1 tsp Kala Namak (black salt of the Himalaya)
1 tbsp smoked Paprika
– Cut the potatoes in small pieces
Cut the onion in not so small pieces
Cut the red pepper in medium to small pieces
Prepare the liquid part by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl
Put the potatoes in a frying pan first, since they take longer to cook
As soon as they get soft and golden add the onion and the red pepper
When the onion gets soft and shiny we’ll put these ingredients in the same bowl where we mixed the liquid part
Now, let’s put it back in the frying pan, and spread all the ingredients as fast as we can
While it start to cook, make sure the edges get round with the help of a spatula
When the shape is all set, let’s cover the frying pan and let it cook for 10 minutos over medium heat
After that, flip it with the help of a plate, put it back in the pan, and let it cook for 10 minutes more
Let it cool down for a while before you cut it
– You can use any kind of vinegar, since this is used only to eliminate the chickpeas flour’s taste
– Cook it over medium heat all the time; don’t rush it or you’ll get everything burnt
– If in the first 10 minutes that side is not well cooked, you can flip it back again and let it cook for another 5 minutes
The black salt of the Himalaya has a taste that is similar to egg, and that’s it is often used in this kind of recipes, although it’s not absolutely necessary.
WHAT WE USE:
** Canon 70D **
** RodeLink FM Wireless Filmmaker System **
** Apple 15" MacBook Pro **
** Apple Magic Mouse 2 **
** Apple iPhone 6s Plus **
LET'S BE FRIENDS AT:
OTHER VIDEOS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
– HOW TO MAKE VEGAN HAM | Gluten-Free Christmas Recipe:
– CELERY WRAP GLUTEN-FREE | Easy Vegan Recipe:
– HOW TO MAKE REJUVELAC | The Secret to Make Vegan Cheese:
– VEGAN BLUEBERRY PANCAKES | Gluten Free & No Eggs Recipe:
– HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BROWNIES | Chocolate Disaster:
– VEGAN CHOCOLATE GRANOLA | How to Make It Crunchy:
DISCLAIMER** I am not a nutritionist or doctor. All opinions expressed are my own personal thoughts and feelings of the products mentioned. Check with your doctor or health practitioner if you are uncertain about trying out any of the products mentioned in this video.
I do not own the rights to this music. For educational/ entertainment purposes only.