Find out how to make fresh basil pesto! The best dairy free vegan pesto recipe for pasta and more takes just a few minutes and requires a handful of ingredients.
Some of my favorite recipes come about while cooking with my kids, and this recipe is the same. About a year ago, my 8-year-old wanted to make fresh basil pesto and was using this classic recipe from Simply Recipes. We had big beautiful bunches of fresh basil and the result was the most delicious pesto. A few minutes after tasting it, my daughter realized we hadn’t added the Parmesan. We couldn’t believe how tasty it was without and decided not to add it at all. The result? Naturally vegan pesto!
Sauces, spreads, and dips are such a great way to elevate dishes, that it’s worthwhile to know how to make some from scratch. Our fresh tomato salsa, green tomatillo salsa, Thai peanut sauce, tahini sauce, and perfect classic hummus are prime examples. If you’re looking for more information about traditional pesto, check our our first pesto post. For a higher protein pesto, check out our Pea Pesto!
- Best-Ever Pesto June 13, 2019We love this pesto for way more than just pasta. (Though that's pretty great too!) Try tossing your roasted potatoes with a couple tablespoons, o […]
- Burrata with Zucchini Pesto and Date Purée June 13, 2019Chef Francois garnishes this dish with tempura zucchini flowers, but raw ones are beautiful too, if you have them. In a blender or food processor, ble […]
- Gnocchi with crispy bacon and spinach pesto June 12, 2019To make the pesto, put the basil, spinach, Parmesan, salt and half the olive oil in a blender or mini food processor and blend. Keep adding oil, until […]
- Salad leaf pesto June 12, 2019Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until as smooth as possible. You may need to remove the lid a couple of times and push the mixture […]
- Taste: Chef Vic Casanova’s recipe for English pea pesto at Balboa Bay Resort’s A&O Kitchen + Bar June 11, 2019Chef Vic Casanova, the new executive chef at Balboa Bay Resort, is framed and backlit by the early afternoon sun beaming from the harbor into the spac […]