The Vegan McDaddy’s pop-up will take place at pub Nancy’s Whiskey in Detroit on February 17. The McDonald’s-themed event is put on by Street Beet—a pop-up company founded by local vegan entrepreneurs Nina Paletta and Meghan Shaw. While the menu is not yet confirmed, local media outlet Metro Times reports possible contenders will take on McDonald’s classics with similar names but sans animal products such as Filet No Fish, McFakeChicken, Phony Burger, McRibby sandwiches, and ShamWow Shakes. The founders said that while the vegan menu is inspired by “Ronnie” (Ronald McDonald), it is “1,000 times better for you and the planet.” Street Beet‘s previous pop-ups include “Pizza Butt” (a vegan pizza night inspired by Pizza Hut) and “Taco Hell” (where vegan burritos, tacos, and crunchwraps reign supreme). While actual McDonald’s has been slow to offer vegan options in the United States, the fast-food giant added the McVegan burger to its locations in Finland and Sweden last year and launched several vegan-friendly Happy Meal options, including the McFalafel, in the United Kingdom in January.
- McDonalds is now delivering to more locations across Liverpool March 25, 2019McDonald’s McDelivery via Uber Eats is now available in even more restaurants in Liverpool. Customers living within 1.5 miles of Aintree and Switch Is […]
- McDonalds Singapore customer gets a rock-hard McGriddles for breakfast [VIDEO] March 24, 2019Imagine this: buying a nice, piping-hot serving of the McGriddles burger at your nearby McDonalds, unwrapping the packaging and sinking your teeth int […]
- Rivals Roundtable: McDonalds matchups, NBA Draft, pressure to win it all March 23, 2019This week in the Rivals Roundtable national basketball analysts Eric Bossi, Corey Evans and Dan McDonald have some fun topics. What are they looking f […]
- What are the rare McDonalds Monopoly 2019 stickers? March 22, 2019McDonald’s Monopoly is well underway, and people have already been reporting wins. The game works where you buy qualifying items in-store that have sp […]
- Whyte: Okolie a Joke, Without Joshua He'd Still Work at McDonalds March 22, 2019Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte has lashed, in the escalating war of words with unbeaten cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie. On Saturday night, Okolie […]