Yes, that goat cheese with a brûléed top is completely vegan. We blanched pine nuts and slivered almonds to draw out their brown pigment, leaving a white nut purée that looks just like goat cheese, and has a mild, creamy interior. Paired with sweet cooked fruit and peppery arugula, it makes a delightful and surprising combo.
Get the recipe:
Subscribe to Cooking Light –
Check out some of our great cooking series!
Mad Delicious – …
Wow! You’ve Got to Try This How To – …
Test Kitchen Tips – …
Cooking Light is America’s #1 food magazine with 25+ years of expertise in making healthy recipes taste great. As the largest epicurean magazine in the country, Cooking Light informs more than 11 million readers every issue with its trademark accessible approach to healthy food and its coverage of fitness, home, beauty, travel, and other aspects of living well. Find us at
Cooking Light Diet:
Cooking Light Magazine is published by Time, Inc.
- Food experts call for global action as world marks Hunger Day March 23, 2019In commemoration of World Hunger Day 2019, a right group has called on nations to intensify effort to end global hunger by 2013. The group under the a […]
- A Northern Kentucky man parked to offer food to a panhandler. An officer ticketed him March 23, 2019A Northern Kentucky man parked to offer food to a panhandler. An officer ticketed him "I support the men in blue and have respect for our court s […]
- HCCC to open food pantries for students, members of college community March 23, 2019JERSEY CITY – A local community college is expanding its reach to help those in need put food on their tables. “This food pantry is a labor of love,” […]
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival kicks off in Hollywood March 23, 2019People enjoyed the augural Greater Fort Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival at ArtsPark Young Circle in Hollywood. The Grand Tasting had many bites and […]
- The Good Food Expo brings chefs, farmers and healthy eating enthusiasts to Chicago March 23, 2019CHICAGO (WLS) -- The 15th annual Good Food Expo is focused on the fast-growing Good Food movement. It hosts a collection of expert speakers, chefs, fa […]