Yes, that goat cheese with a brûléed top is completely vegan. We blanched pine nuts and slivered almonds to draw out their brown pigment, leaving a white nut purée that looks just like goat cheese, and has a mild, creamy interior. Paired with sweet cooked fruit and peppery arugula, it makes a delightful and surprising combo.
Get the recipe:
Subscribe to Cooking Light –
Check out some of our great cooking series!
Mad Delicious – …
Wow! You’ve Got to Try This How To – …
Test Kitchen Tips – …
Cooking Light is America’s #1 food magazine with 25+ years of expertise in making healthy recipes taste great. As the largest epicurean magazine in the country, Cooking Light informs more than 11 million readers every issue with its trademark accessible approach to healthy food and its coverage of fitness, home, beauty, travel, and other aspects of living well. Find us at
Cooking Light Diet:
Cooking Light Magazine is published by Time, Inc.
- Students at Ohio school put bodily fluids in food for teachers, reports say May 20, 2019POWELL, Ohio — Several students are suspected of putting urine and other bodily fluids into food for teachers at a middle school near Columbus, accord […]
- Food safety: 1 ton of hot dogs recalled due to concerns about metal pieces May 20, 2019A few days before Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of the grilling season, Vienna Beef has recalled 2,030 pounds of beef hot dogs out of con […]
- Convenience Stores Are Eating Into Fast Food's Market Share May 20, 2019If there is any indication as to just how blurred the lines are becoming in the foodservice space, consider the increasing threat to restaurants from […]
- Hawaii: A Culinary Crossroads (featuring Lanai Tabura from the Food Network and Cooking Hawaiian Style) in Berekely this weekend. May 20, 2019With 7,100 islands, the Philippines is the second largest archipelago in the world. It’s rich in biodiversity and its island of Mindoro has the second […]
- Here's all the new food you should eat at the Indy 500 May 20, 2019Here's all the new food you should eat at the Indy 500 Indianapolis Motor Speedway is putting out a 2019 spread that includes monster hot dogs an […]