Ingredients and Instructions below!
If you go to Bali, you will not come around some good Gado Gado. Made with fresh vegetables, marinated tempeh, and a creamy peanut sauce, it is a delicious and fresh salad bowl for warm days. Simply play around with the veggies you add if you like to add some variety.
Total number of portions: 2
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time (stove): 20 min
Total: 25 min
For the peanut paste
2 cloves garlic
1-2 fresh chilies
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 limes, juice of
2 tbsp tamarind water (water with tamarind paste)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp peanut butter
For the tempeh
1 block tempeh (200g)
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
Veggies for the bowl
2 sweet potatoes -medium size
1 package bean sprouts
6 sliced radishes
8 small tomatoes
1 bunch fresh coriander
1. Slice the tempeh, cut the sweet potatoes into chunks. Boil in water for 15 minutes, then remove water and set aside.
2. Prepare the peanuts sauce: Add the minced garlic, sliced chillies, soy sauce, lime juice, tamarind water, coconut sugar and peanut butter into a bowl and mix well.
3. Prepare the veggies: Dice the cucumber, slice the radishes, slice the tomatoes and chop the coriander.
4. Marinate the tempeh: Mix soy sauce with sesame oil and maple syrup, cover tempeh with the marinate. Then fry in the pan for 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
5. Add the veggies and tempeh to your salad bowl, top of with peanut sauce and sprinkle fresh coriander on top.
Subscribe to the Yes 2 Life Show for more videos.
- Science news in brief: From blood-sucking finches to 900-year-old grapes June 20, 2019For material scientists, understanding the details of dragonfish teeth could help lead to new synthetic materials that are both strong and transparent […]
- Laksa King Kitchen review June 18, 2019Wong brewed the chilli-slicked broth for five hours, loading the bowls with rice noodles, king prawns, chicken, tofu – whatever you like – but punters […]
- Former pop-up spot Gado Gado now has a permanent home June 10, 2019Beloved former pop-up restaurant Gado Gado is serving up Indo-Chinese cuisine in NE Portland. gadogadopdx.com #TonightwithCassidy ... […]
- Market To Table: Indonesia's Culinary Secrets Revealed in a Unique Culinary Adventure June 10, 2019Highlights on the cooking class menu include tasty specialties such as Gado Gado – tofu and vegetables in peanut sauce, Soto Pesmol – seafood and coco […]
- Restaurant review: Melaka Kitchen offers a broad array of tastes; don’t miss the roti June 7, 2019Salads include mango shrimp, green papaya, and gado gado; soups were also intriguing, especially the bak kut teh with pork belly and ribs. I also want […]