- Martha Stewart Partners with Payless to Launch Vegan Leather Line December 13, 2018Media mogul Martha Stewart recently partnered with budget shoe brand Payless to create exclusive vegan collection “Martha Everyday.” The 12-item line features styles such as slingback, flats, kitten heels, mules, and sandals—all made with animal-free suede and patent leather—in colors ranging from basic black to festive “gliver” (a combination of gold and silver). “I am […]
- <i>Top Chef </i>Winner Michael Voltaggio Develops Vegan Osso Bucco for Crossroads Kitchen December 13, 2018Chef Michael Voltaggio—winner of the sixth season of culinary competition show Top Chef—recently developed a five-course tasting menu for Los Angeles vegan restaurant Crossroads Kitchen. The menu ($65 per person) features Voltaggio’s inventive plant-based takes on traditionally meat-centric Italian dishes. The first course is playfully called “Mushrooms Pretending to Be Chicken Liver Mousse” and is […]
- Jamba Juice to Offer More Vegan Protein and Milk Options December 13, 2018Smoothie chain Jamba Juice will soon offer more plant-based protein and dairy-free milk options, according to Katrina “Kat” Cole, Chief Operating Officer of North America for Focus Brands—parent company of Jamba Juice, Cinnabon, Auntie Anne’s, and other food brands. Cole is a business phenom who rose from working as a Hooters waitress to president of […]
- Vegan Christmas Cookies Debut at Trader Joe’s December 12, 2018Trader Joe’s debuted vegan “Twinkling Trees” cookies nationwide over the weekend. Each eight-ounce package ($3.99) comes with eight pine-tree shaped sugar cookies dusted with sugar crystals. During Halloween, the company debuted “Glimmering Pumpkins” vegan sugar cookies as a seasonal treat. In November, the grocery chain debuted a host of plant-based products, including Cocoa Peppermint almond […]
- Vegan Foods Are Most-Ordered Trend on Uber Eats in 2018 December 12, 2018Delivery services Uber Eats named plant-based foods the top trend of 2018 in its year-end report. Based on internal data, the company revealed that out of the top 20 food components in dishes ordered through the service in 2018, many included vegan foods such as avocado, toast, kale, tofu, hummus, and coconut. “The power couple […]
- Satisfy Your Taste Buds With A Delicious Meal Of Hari Mirch Maas And Pudina Pulav December 16, 2018Want to eat something delicious and easy to make? Then this meal plate is apt for you which includes a mouth watering combination of Rajasthani Hari Mirch Ka Maas and Mint Coriander Spiced Pulao. This is served along with some sliced pickled onions and a roasted Papad. You can also serve a Raita or Salad […]
- Dal Kabila Recipe - Diabetic Urad Dal Tadka December 16, 2018Dal kabila is a popular Mughal dish which is made with split urad dal. You can use either white urad dal or even split black urad dal to make this dish. This is a one pot dish where the urad dal is cooked along with whole spices, dry red chilies, onions and tomatoes and spice powders […]
- Scrumptious North Indian Dinners Ideas Perfect For Winters December 15, 2018As seasons change, along with our attire, our eating habits too change to adapt to the weather. The best season for food is the winters. During the winters we are able to digest better and eat fresh seasonal produce available during this time of the year. Winter meals usually are heavy, enriched with ghee, whole […]
- Chicken Yakitori Recipe - Japanese Chicken Skewers December 15, 2018Chicken Yakitori Recipe is a Japanese chicken appetizer, with sweet and spicy notes. Succulent cubes of chicken are marinated in a delicious tangy sauce made with soy sauce, vinegar, some red wine and brown sugar for those sweet notes. Grilled on a pan and served with a sauce made with the remaining marinade. A winner recipe. […]
- Give These Lip Smacking Continental Fish Meals A Try For Weekend Dinner December 14, 2018When it comes to a non - vegetarian diet , our choices are endless. From chicken, mutton, fish to prawns, pork, beef, squid, crab, lobster and what not. Amongst them all, fish is said to be relatively a lot more nutritious than the rest of them.
More vegan Christmas recipes! This cranberry orange French toast bake is the perfect recipe for Christmas morning or a holiday brunch. It’s so oil-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, and vegan! Hope you enjoy! Full recipe below 🙂
Cranberry Orange French Toast Bake
2.5 cups unsweetened soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 orange, zested and juiced
1/3 dried cranberries, tart cherries, or vegan dark chocolate chips
1 loaf of bread
In bowl, combine soy milk, vanilla, almond extract, orange zest, and orange juice. Stir to combine.
Cut or rip bread into 1 inch cubes. You need about 4-5 cups all together. Add to baking dish. I used an 8 x 8 pan.
Pour batter over bread until fully saturated. Add in cranberries and bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
You want the outside to be crispy and the inside to be soft.
Warm maple syrup and pour over top.
Just a tip….a tad of vegan butter on top is pretttttty good too. Just saying.
Couple of tips:
1. Use soy milk if possible..it’s super creamy and makes the French toast a nice consistency.
2. The orange zest may not seem important but it makes a huge difference! Don’t skip it, trust me 🙂
3. If you don’t like almond extract, just use all vanilla.
4. If you want the French toast to be sweet on it’s own before adding syrup on top, add 1/4 – 1/3 of a cup of maple syrup to batter before pouring on bread.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know what you think if you give it a try!!
More MissVranHalen VIDEOS MAY ALSO LIKE:
5 Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B4JDCOd970&list=PLkU8zrzyuzUISvlMDd2AmZ33RXg2Azimi
VEGAN Apple Pie Pancakes (oil-free) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldZNNLXjqgU
Sweet Potato + Pecan Salad with Cranberries and DIY Dressing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eNGY5EZGI
My Morning Routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jH5NXiP_s
Vegan Cookie Taste Test with Dani: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1W0ANrs1o
When the Person You’re Dating Doesn’t Share Your Belief’s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLSKHtIv54A
The Reason You Always Feel Tired + Have No Energy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Jd_YkqQOw
Meal Prep with Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XS1LFD8g5s
What I Ate Today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWCNsVx2rI
Make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel to keep up with my future videos! It’s free. All you have to do is click subscribe!
Also please give this video a thumbs up if you liked it! It helps more people find my channel and also tells me that you like these kinds of videos 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to watch my videos! I hope they make you smile 🙂 What video should I do next? Let me know what you want to see!
Music via YouTube Audio Library