- 18 Vegan Goods at ALDI You Need to Know About January 21, 2019This German-based grocery chain expanded to the East Coast of the US in 1976 and since then, has slowly gained a cult-following thanks to its innovative, house-brand products and affordable prices. Now with over 60 locations in California, and more plant-based options than ever before, this store has us getting in on the craze and […]
- Free Vegan Tailgating Party Launches for Super Bowl January 20, 2019All-vegan Super Bowl tailgating pop-up #VeganAtTheGame will launch on February 1 and 2 in Atlanta, GA. The free, curated event hosted by chef and activist Kimberly Barnes will feature Atlanta’s top vegan chefs, influencers, vendors, giveaways, music, and games. The chef lineup will include 14-year-old vegan Shi La Chef and caterer Nathan Akeem. Chef Barnes […]
- 6 Helpful Tips for Going Vegan January 20, 2019Thinking of going vegan? If so, congratulations—you’re making the right decision! However, what happens if you want to switch to a plant-based diet but you don’t know where to begin? Even long-time vegans remember the days when we weren’t sure how to read labels or were confused by ingredients with six consonants in a row. […]
- All NYC Public Hospitals Now Serve Vegan Meals January 20, 2019NYC Health + Hospitals―the largest municipal hospital and healthcare system in the United States―recently launched Meatless Mondays at all 11 of its public acute-care hospitals. This initiative comes after vegan Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams called on all hospitals to sign on to the Meatless Monday pledge, an international campaign focused on improving the […]
- Vegan Baking Show Debuts for Veganuary and Beyond January 19, 2019Vegan baking show Bake Vegan Stuff With Sara Kidd is premiering on YouTube on January 23 in partnership with the month-long Veganuary campaign. Hosted by vegan cake designer and baker Sara Kidd, the vibrant, retro-themed series will teach viewers how to make vegan cakes, muffins, pastries, and cookies with ease. The 15-minute episodes will air […]
- पंजाबी भिंडी कढ़ी रेसिपी - Punjabi Bhindi Kadhi Recipe January 23, 2019पंजाबी भिंडी कढ़ी रेसिपी में दही की करी बनाई जाती है और उसमे भिंडी का प्रयोग किया जाता है. हर उत्तर भारतीय घर में कढ़ी बनाई जाती है, लेकिन यहाँ हमने उसको भिंडी डालकर ट्विस्ट दिया है. अगर आप कुछ अलग बनाना चाहते है, तो इस कढ़ी को जरूर अपने रोज के खाने के लिए […]
- पाण्डु मिरापाकया पचड़ी रेसिपी - Andhra Red Chilli Chutney Recipe January 23, 2019पाण्डु मिरापाकया पचड़ी रेसिपी एक आंध्रा रेसिपी है जिसमे लाल मिर्च की चटनी बनाई जाती है. इस चटनी को बनाने के लिए बहुत कम सामग्री की आवश्यकता होती है. आप इस चटनी को अपने खाने के साथ या इडली, डोसा, उत्तपम, पनियारम के साथ भी परोस सकते है. पाण्डु मिरापाकया पचड़ी रेसिपी को घी रोस्ट […]
- Sarson Saag Pulao Recipe-Spinach Mustard Greens Pulao January 23, 2019Sarson Saag Pulao Recipe is a simple one pot dish. Made with all the mixed greens, this dish is highly nutritious and tasty. The addition of spinach leaves, bathua leaves and mustard leaves along with aromatic spices brings immense taste and nutrition to this pulao. Did you know that One cup of mustard greens yields over […]
- Kela Matar ki Sabzi Recipe - Raw Banana Green Peas Stir Fry November 8, 2018Kela Matar Ki Sabzi is a Jain Style no onion, no garlic recipe. It is a simple recipe which is made with boiled raw bananas and stir frying them them with boiled green peas and cumin seeds and dry spice powders of cumin and coriander seeds. Steamed or boiled green bananas are some of the […]
- Jowar Jo Dodo Recipe - Sindhi Sorghum Roti October 10, 2018Jowar Jo Dodo Recipe is a authentic Sindhi recipe of a gluten free flatbread with sorghum as the star ingredients. 'Juvar' is the Sindhi term for the word Jowar/Sorghum. The Jowar Jo Dodo dough is loaded with fresh greens like methi leaves and coriander leaves. The dough also includes green chillies that lend some heat to […]
Welcome to part to of my vegan christmas recipe series! Today I’m making vegan steak pie with mushrooms and gravy. It might so unusual, but trust me, this is a crowd pleaser and perfect for your Christmas dinners or holiday parties! Hope you enjoy! Full recipe below.
Vegan Steak Pie with Mushrooms
3.5 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup vegan butter
2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup water, plus a few extra table spoons if needed
Combine flour, baking powder, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl. Then add cold vegan butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to combine. Mix until totally combined and crumbly.
Add water and form into a ball. Add one tablespoon of additional water at a time if needed.
Divide dough in half and the first half in a thin, even layer.
Transfer to pie dish and poke holes in the bottom with a fork.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
1 pint mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves
2 bags (8 pieces) of Gardein meatless meatloaf
Sautee mushrooms and garlic with a bit of water or oil until brown. Drain any excess water.
Cut meatloaf into bite-sized chunks and add to pie crust. Halfway through, layer on mushrooms, and then finish with the remaining meatloaf.
Vegan Gravy Recipe
2 tbsp vegan butter
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp dried mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2.5 cups low-sodium veggie broth
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
sprig of sage, rosemary, and thyme
black pepper to taste
Melt butter in sauce pan. Add flour and stir. Gradually add in veggie broth while stirring constantly to avoid any lumps.
Add in remaining ingredients and let simmer for 20 minutes on low.
Pour gravy over top.
Reserve a small ball of dough to add a pretty shape to the top of the pie later on an roll remaining dough into a thin layer. You want it to be a bigger circle than the pie dish so you can create a crust.
Transfer remaining pie crust onto pie. Gather excess dough around the rim and press gently with a fork to create a pretty design for the crust.
Then roll remaining ball of dough into a thin layer and use a cookie cutter to cut a pretty shape for the top of the pie.
Brush with melted vegan butter if desired and bake at 375 for40-45 minutes or until golden brown and flakey.
Serve warm with vegan scalloped potatoes and green beans!
Recipe here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPX18p-G7wk
Vegan Ginger Snap Cookies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jor3aMAOTKE
More MissVranHalen VIDEOS MAY ALSO LIKE:
5 Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B4JDCOd970&list=PLkU8zrzyuzUISvlMDd2AmZ33RXg2Azimi
VEGAN Apple Pie Pancakes (oil-free) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldZNNLXjqgU
Sweet Potato + Pecan Salad with Cranberries and DIY Dressing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eNGY5EZGI
My Morning Routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jH5NXiP_s
Vegan Cookie Taste Test with Dani: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1W0ANrs1o
When the Person You’re Dating Doesn’t Share Your Belief’s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLSKHtIv54A
The Reason You Always Feel Tired + Have No Energy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Jd_YkqQOw
Meal Prep with Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XS1LFD8g5s
What I Ate Today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWCNsVx2rI
Make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel to keep up with my future videos! It’s free. All you have to do is click subscribe!
Also please give this video a thumbs up if you liked it! It helps more people find my channel and also tells me that you like these kinds of videos 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to watch my videos! I hope they make you smile 🙂 What video should I do next? Let me know what you want to see!
Music via YouTube Audio Library