Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to stop eating cookies, just learn how to make a healthier version that tastes good and ultimately is better for you in the long run. So here's a delicious, gluten free garbanzo chocolate chip cookie I learned few years back.
Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Garbanzo Beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup of peanut butter, without oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I use 'Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips')
Quarter cup of maple syrup
Sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Open, rinse and drain canned garbanzo beans
2. In a food processor, add garbanzo beans, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, baking powder; blend until a dough forms, about 2 minutes.
3. Transfer dough into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
4. Make cookies into bite size balls or flatten them for a more traditional cookie.
5. Preheat oven at 350 F and bake cookies for 15 minutes.
- Something to bark about: Pocono mom and dog lover launches cookie-mix business for man’s best friend August 19, 2019Just as much as you want to put the best in your body, you want your pet to have ... Flavors include S’more Please, hot chocolate, chocolate chip, Cru […]
- Food Q&A | Soft, dipped cookies best avoided for icebox cakes August 14, 2019Cookies that are soft right out of the package are a bit redundant, but how about dipped cookies? Those thin and crispy chocolate-chip cookies? A: Yes […]
- These Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Breaking The Internet August 13, 2019There are almost too many chunks in each cookie. They overpower the dough, which is, admittedly, pretty good. Listen, we won't purport to know wh […]
- Chocolate chip cookies are among the reasons this dentist’s license is suspended August 6, 2019The DOH dropped an emergency suspension order on Jason Devack’s license July 22 after he pleaded guilty/best interest — not admitting ... Devack showe […]
- National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day: Best Deals and Recipes to Make the Perfect Batch of Cookies August 3, 2019Today (August 4, 2019) is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day in the U.S. This important day, perfect for sugar-loving snackers, is not to be confused […]