Easy Vegan Carnitas. Mushrooms marinated in Spicy Smoky Zesty Marinade and Baked. Serve these Mushroom Carnitas with toppings in tacos, wraps, burritos. Use Jackfruit for variation. Glutenfree Nutfree Oilfree Recipe. Soyfree option. Jump to Recipe
Every since I baked jackfruit with sauce for Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches, I’ve fallen in love with crisp caramelized result! Its much easier, no mess, short active time. Just mix everything and bake! I use the same process for these mushroom Carnitas. Sliced mushrooms, sliced onion, spices, herbs, and a flavorful marinade. Just put everything in a bowl, marinate for a bit if possible, spread in a baking dish and bake and done! No oil needed.
The onions caramelize to a juicy sweet spicy state. Mushrooms cook wonderfully and crisp. Bake less or more time depending on your preference. Fill up tacos or wraps, add your favorite toppings like mashed avocado/guacamole, vegan sour cream or salsa and done. Add some smoky black beans or refried beans to the tacos for a hearty meal. You can use the same process with Jackfruit, shredded oyster mushrooms, hearts of palm and shredded seitan.
- Texas Barbecue: A Love Story July 19, 2019The menu at Valentina’s is divided between the two: Tex (classic brisket and pulled pork sandwiches) and Mex (brisket and carnitas tacos, cerveza beef […]
- Meet The Taco Scout Who Found All Of 'Taco Chronicles' Best Eats July 19, 2019to find the most delectable carnitas, asada, barbacoa, canasta, guisado and pastor, the six types of tacos that each receive a dedicated episode on th […]
- This L.A. Writer Spent a Year Traveling to Mexico as “Taco Scout” for Netflix’s “Taco Chronicles” July 19, 2019Each of the series’ six episodes centers around a particular type of taco: pastor, carnitas, canasta, asada, barbacoa, and guisado. Cabral created a l […]
- Portland Is Throwing a Topless Taco Festival for Cancer Research, Because Why Not July 17, 2019Shedding it all for shredded carnitas? It’s more likely than you think. Portland is fully becoming a caricature of itself, now hosting two separate Me […]
- So long, sticks!: The fair foods they are a-changin’ July 17, 2019This year, that includes stuffed cabbage rolls, Turkish pizza, Cuban fusion fajitas, a carnitas taco cone, and Nordic waffles al pastor. If you’re fee […]