Vazhakkai Varuval is a simple South Indian Style dry preparation. Vazhakkai, also known as Plantain or Raw Banana and is used extensively in the South Indian Cuisine. Vazhakkai Varuval can be made in different ways with different masalas according to you taste. We have made a flavourful, tasty Vazhakkai Varuval with everyday spices which are easily available in your pantry.
Did you know: Although plantains belong to the same family as banana, they contain more potassium, vitamin A and B-complex vitamins than bananas which makes it a super food to help control heart rate and blood pressure, countering negative effects of sodium. They are also known to be diuretic and can help prevent kidney and bladder problems.
You might also like to try other raw banana recipes at your home and serve them to your family.
- Students make furniture out of banana sheath August 25, 2019Trichy: The research wing of Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology in Trichy has developed a technique to make furniture from banana sheath, […]
- National Banana Split Day Celebrated On August 25 August 25, 2019PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Looking for something sweet to do this Sunday? Create your own banana split to celebrate National Banana Split Day. CBS3 cameras […]
- Cocaine worth more than $1 million found in banana shipments at Washington state grocery stores August 24, 2019(CBS News) – More than $1 million worth of cocaine has been discovered stuffed inside shipments of bananas sent to local grocery stores in Washington […]
- Cocaine stash worth more than $1M found in banana boxes at Washington grocery stores August 24, 2019BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Authorities say cocaine valued at more than $1 million has been found with shipments of bananas at three Safeway grocery stores in […]
- Few split over love of banana treats at Latrobe festival August 23, 2019Latrobe’s annual Great American Banana Split Celebration has plenty of attractions — live music, classic cars, games and a magic show — even for those […]