Vazhakkai Varuval is a simple South Indian Style dry preparation. Vazhakkai, also known as Plantain or Raw Banana and is used extensively in the South Indian Cuisine. Vazhakkai Varuval can be made in different ways with different masalas according to you taste. We have made a flavourful, tasty Vazhakkai Varuval with everyday spices which are easily available in your pantry.
Did you know: Although plantains belong to the same family as banana, they contain more potassium, vitamin A and B-complex vitamins than bananas which makes it a super food to help control heart rate and blood pressure, countering negative effects of sodium. They are also known to be diuretic and can help prevent kidney and bladder problems.
You might also like to try other raw banana recipes at your home and serve them to your family.
- Emirates Park Zoo & Resort Participates in ‘International Banana Day’ with Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi April 21, 2019“We are excited to work with Le Royal Meridien team and celebrate international banana day. We are honored to be a part of their initiative in which o […]
- Best local music in Phoenix: Destruction Unit, Banana Gun, Humdinger Festival April 20, 2019It almost seems like all the local bands are launching tours this month in Phoenix, which is weird because Phoenix is awesome in April. The weather is […]
- Banana Leaf Packaging Replaces Plastic In This Thai Supermarket April 20, 2019Eating on banana leaves is not new for Indians, but have you considered buying goods wrapped in them? This supermarket in Thailand has taken the inter […]
- Video Premiere: Marisa Anderson Live From The Banana Stand April 19, 2019Marisa Anderson‘s bio states that her musical style is “inspired by 20th century classical and West African guitar techniques.” That might sound like […]
- Weis Ice Cream Recall: Everything to Know After Banana Puddin' Is Recalled Over 'Undeclared Egg Allergen' April 18, 2019Weis Markets issued a recall on Wednesday for an "undeclared egg allergen" within a banana-flavoried variety of ice cream. An advisory notic […]