Vazhakkai Varuval is a simple South Indian Style dry preparation. Vazhakkai, also known as Plantain or Raw Banana and is used extensively in the South Indian Cuisine. Vazhakkai Varuval can be made in different ways with different masalas according to you taste. We have made a flavourful, tasty Vazhakkai Varuval with everyday spices which are easily available in your pantry.
Did you know: Although plantains belong to the same family as banana, they contain more potassium, vitamin A and B-complex vitamins than bananas which makes it a super food to help control heart rate and blood pressure, countering negative effects of sodium. They are also known to be diuretic and can help prevent kidney and bladder problems.
You might also like to try other raw banana recipes at your home and serve them to your family.
- Taste Test: New Baltimore's banana split is heaven in plastic dish June 26, 2019LAKE TWP. I made the mistake of telling the Taste Test team I had never eaten a banana split after we already had ordered and devoured ice cream cones […]
- Murwillumbah Banana Festival forced to cancel annual street parade due to cost of anti-terror rules June 25, 2019Organisers of a banana festival in northern New South Wales say the cost of implementing new anti-terror 'hostile vehicle' measures mean the […]
- From the Kitchen: Banana split dessert makes its summer return June 25, 2019I’m not much of a season forecaster but summer is here. You know that already. Have you had an occasion to rev up your air conditioner yet? Or on a fe […]
- Afcon 2019: Guinea a 'banana peel' for Nigeria - Henry Nwosu June 25, 2019Former Green Eagles midfielder Henry Nwosu has warned the Super Eagles against taking the Syli Nationale of Guinea for granted, ahead of their 2019 Af […]
- Get An Extra 50% Off Everything on Sale at Banana Republic Today and Tomorrow June 25, 2019With all the summer clearance sales flying around, we at Scouted like finding sales that include more than just last winter’s best — and that’s the ca […]