Posted by cookinwithherbs
This is the time of year when we want to nestle in and stay at home and eat warming comfort foods. At our house we eat lots of soups and stews, beans and rice, grains and pasta. this pasta sauce first appeared in Cooking with Herbs in 1981! It has been prepared countless times and with many variations and still remains a family favorite.
- Basil Zempilas launches attack on social media ‘morons’ March 24, 20196PR footy commentator Basil Zempilas has launched a scathing attack on “morons” who racially abused West Coast’s Liam Ryan online. “You just can’t com […]
- Kielbasa and Lentil Soup with Lots of Basil March 24, 2019Slice 12 oz. kielbasa crosswise into ¼"-thick coins. Heat a large heavy pot over medium. Add ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil and swirl to coat. Cook […]
- Master Gardeners: Growing a garden of basil March 22, 2019If I had to choose just one herb for my garden, it would have to be basil. Granted, I would want every variety of basil, from Genovese to Thai, lemon […]
- Forever Home Friday: Basil March 22, 2019You can help Basil find his forever home. She is an 8-month-old lab mix currently at Project Hope Humane Society. Basil is very sweet. She was rescued […]
- Friday Cocktails: The Basil Julep March 21, 2019Walk up to most bars and order a julep, and you'll find yourself facing a glass of bourbon, muddled mint, and powdered sugar: the classic mint ju […]