Tofu Bhurji – Vegan Bhurji or Akoori. Indian Scramble. Tofu scrambled with onion, tomato, cilantro, cumin. 1 Pan 15 mins.
FULL RECIPE :
Morning Savory Breakfast options while growing up were a few repeat options. Poha, Upma, Savory Chickpea Flour pancakes, steamed savory cakes etc. Egg bhurji (Indian scrambled eggs), and paneer bhurji(scrambled paneer) were one of the options for days one of us kids had some active events. Bhurji means scramble mix. The key feature of my Mom’s bhurji was that there would be more of the onion, tomato and cilantro than the paneer. It must have been because one of us was picky about it. But the balance of those flavors works out so perfectly!
This version with tofu is a simple scramble with a few ingredients. But when done, it becomes a vibrant, delicious, savory, satisfying meal to start the day. The bhurji is best served hot with toasted breads or in a breakfast bowl. Make this with my Chickpea flour tofu for soyfree.
This is a simple scramble. Change up the herbs and veggies to preference.
Hi, I'm Richa! I create flavorful creative recipes that might need a tiny bit more work, but are totally worth it! Recipes generally include gluten-free, soy-free, and oil-free options. I also wrote 2 cookbooks! Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen & Vegan Richa's Everyday Kitchen. Lets cook!
#veganricha #easyveganrecipes #vegan #veganism #veganrecipes #cooking
Music: Lakey Inspired: find a way
- Use floral simple syrups in your cooking, not just cocktails June 19, 2019Rose-infused this, hibiscus-infused that. Every bartender worth their salt these days has a secret weapon up their sleeve to add a blast of flowery bo […]
- Home Cooking: Sometimes you need a friend’s help when getting healthy June 19, 2019Equipment: You’ll need a good blender, nut milk bag and wide-mouth container (I use a big glass measuring cup). Directions: Add a half cup of water an […]
- One-Pot Pasta With Ricotta and Lemon Recipe - NYT Cooking June 19, 2019This elegant, bright pasta dish comes together in about the same amount of time it takes to boil noodles and heat up a jar of store-bought marinara. T […]
- SLOWE COOKING: Onions add kick to cornbread June 19, 2019My sister Mary came up from Columbus, Georgia, to visit recently with a bag full of Vidalia onions in hand. She had purchased 25 pounds for a fundrais […]
- Review: The Farmhouse at Roger's Gardens suffers from convoluted cooking June 19, 2019The Farmhouse is the high temple of alfresco dining in Corona del Mar, where the streets are named after flowers and patio life is practically a sacra […]