You know what I say about breakfast tacos—they're great for breakfast! Check out this quick and easy vegan recipe that uses cauliflower and crumbled tofu to make the "scrambled egg" part of traditional breakfast tacos. These are great on Sundays, Tuesdays…Fridays, Mondays…even Thursdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Keep cooking, you got this!
In collaboration with #milliondollarvegan, we’re fighting climate change with diet change!
More plant-powered recipes |
FOLLOW MILLION DOLLAR VEGAN:
Instagram | …
Facebook | …
FOLLOW WICKED HEALTHY:
WH Instagram |
Derek’s Instagram |
WH Facebook |
In the U.K. get your groceries from Tesco |
The Wicked Healthy Cookbook |
Video by Ira Chute (@irachute) |
Music by Gabriel Naïm Amor (@amorsonic) |
All cooking stunt training done by Ninja Squirrels
Serves: Totally depends on how many you eat yourself
Preparation time: Under 30 minutes
For the tofu scramble:
1 C Cauliflower florets, cut small and blanched
1 Block of tofu (extra-firm), broken up by hand
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Granulated onion
1 tsp Black pepper
1/2 Kosher salt
1 tsp plant based butter
Flour and Corn Tortillas (wrapped in foil and warmed in the oven)
3-4 slices Vegan Cheese, chopped small
2 handfuls Baby spinach
1 C Black beans
1 C Salsa
Pre-heat oven to 200c/400f fan/convection oven
Bring a small pan of water to boil (for blanching cauliflower), boil cauliflower for 1-2 minutes then strain and set aside.
Break up tofu into a bowl with your hands into small chunks.
Add cauliflower to tofu – Add turmeric, cumin, smoked paprika, granulated onion, black pepper and salt and lightly mix all ingredients
Heat oven safe skillet, add butter to the pan until melted, add tofu and cauliflower. Saute for a couple of minutes stirring often, finish in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
Remove pan place on the stove top, add spinach and stir to wilt for one minute.
Place down tortillas and fill them up; add a large spoon of scramble and top with black beans, salsa, cheese and coriander. Plate side-by-side on a plate and enjoy.
- Time for a humane change at Brown August 16, 2019Or the many other programs that have been animal-free for some time. There should be a sense of concern in being unique in New England on this matter. […]
- How Shoes, Wallets and Even Teslas Are Going Vegan August 12, 2019Demand is especially strong in the footwear industry, with more Americans wanting to cover their feet in animal-free sneakers. The automobile industry […]
- Police cut deer free from soccer net in Maryland August 12, 2019The department shared video Bozzuto cutting the animal free. Police said the fawn did not appear to be injured and wandered off on its own. […]
- Dairy Ice Cream, No Cow Needed: These Egg And Milk Proteins Are Made Without Animals August 2, 2019The company took the genetic code for the main proteins in whey, a byproduct of cheese-making, then had it artificially synthesized into a molecule of […]
- Queen Elizabeth ‘Not Happy’ About Meghan Markle Doing This With Archie July 18, 2019According to a report in the Sun (via Express UK), Markle, who has attempted to adopt an animal-free diet in the past, intends to pass that same philo […]