The Vegetarian Resource Group maintains an online Guide to
Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurants in the USA and Canada. Below are some recent
additions. The entire guide can be found here: http://www.vrg.org/restaurant/index.php
To support the updating of this online restaurant guide, please donate at: www.vrg.org/donate
Here are some new additions to VRG’s
600 S. Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Beelman’s is an all-vegan pub located
in Downtown LA. It’s the perfect spot to grab a bite and a brew with friends to
enjoy the game. They have plenty of vegan beer on tap and the bar food to
compliment it. One of the highly reviewed dishes includes “Tachos” which are
tater tot nachos topped with soyrizo, cashew cheese, pintos, and cilantro.
Whether you’re in the mood for tacos, a burger, a hot dog, or even something on
the light side Beelman’s has you covered. Enjoy in house or delivery through
2908 Fruth St.
Austin, TX 78705
Parked by Spider House bar on Fruth
Street, Cool Beans is an all-vegan taco truck. With affordable veganized
versions of chorizo, al pastor, carnitas, and more. As with all food trucks,
follow them on Instagram (see the link on their website) to keep up with them
in case they move for an event.
Earth to Us
1720 Guess Rd., Ste. 18
Durham, NC 27701
The owners of Earth to Us were
inspired to go vegan by their daughter, and now they are sharing their family’s
passion for healthy, delicious vegan food with you! Entrees include Latin
flavors like the Plato Principal, featuring seasoned black beans and fried
plantains. Or you could try something more traditionally American, such as the
Mac and Cheese Plate with BBQ chickn and coleslaw. Whether you’re looking for something
South American, or simply Southern, Earth to Us should satisfy you!
3842 Saint-Denis St.
Montreal, QC H2W 2M2 Canada
Herbivores is principally a vegan
grocery store, which also happens to have a vegan hot food counter inside! Can
you get numerous vegan poutines there, from regular traditional to wildly
eclectic? Of course. But there’s more! Ask about the souvlaki, burgers, pizzas,
etc. It’s not health food, but it is good food.
5845 Winter Garden Vineland Rd., Ste.
Windmere, FL 34786
HUMBL is the first of what aims to
become a new fast casual restaurant chain from the mind of celebrity chef Matt
Kenney. Get a truffle burger, personal pizza, rice bowl, or milkshake that’s
totally vegan, made from whole foods, and significantly locally sourced, all at
prices that rival those of national fast-casual chains. HUMBL also contributes
to Second Harvest Food Bank with every meal they sell.
12 St. Marks Pl.
New York, NY 10003
A part of the Vegan Food Court at St.
Marks Place, Jam Pâstre is a vegan bakery with delicious and affordable
options. There is vegan carrot cake, lemon poppy cake, chocolate cake, and
more, plus a flavor of the day. Everything is also nut, soy, and gluten free,
so give them a try!
3723 St. Laurent Blvd.
Montreal, QC H2X 2V7 Canada
While they don’t use the word
“vegan,” Le Bowhead is an all-vegan pub, with a focus on broad appeal
rather than health food. Hot dogs, vegan poutine, burgers, and yes, salads, are
all available. Being a pub, they also have a full bar, and they’re open late!
Nora’s Kitchen is a food Truck that
moves about Wichita, KS. They specialize in quality vegan American food and
offer some Japanese-inspired dishes as well. You can grab a pulled BBQ sandwich
made from jackfruit and mushroom, or you could have the Togarashi tofu
sandwich, both of which come with a serving of hand cut potato wedges with
choice of homemade sauce. If you are looking for a snack, they have fried
mushroom-leek dumplings on the menu! Add a locally brewed kombucha or
fresh-squeezed lemonade to complement your meal. Check out their online
schedule to see where they will be parked next!
Peace Love Eats
324 E. Belt Line Rd., #205
Desoto, TX 75115
Peace Love Eats is a great spot for a
smoothie or a small meal. There are half a dozen custom smoothies to choose
from, or you can build your own. For something a little more solid, you can try
a smoothie bowl. If you insist on food you have to chew, look to the Shroom or
Jackfruit sandwiches, or the Po’Boy if it’s a Friday.
233 Butler St.
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Public Records is a bar, performance
space, and vegan cafe located in Brooklyn, NY. The cafe is predominantly a
daytime affair, featuring small dishes like rice balls, buckwheat noodles,
seaweed snacks, and so on. Come for a light lunch at the cafe, and stay late
for the shows!
1385 Rue Ontario E.
Montreal, QC H2L 1S1 Canada
Vegan Rapide is a diner that serves
all the good things one expects from a fast food restaurant. Choose from a
variety of vegan burgers, poutines, or pizzas (with house-made vegan cheese!).
There are also wraps and salads if you’d prefer something lighter.
Vinh Loi Tofu
11818 South St. #101
Cerritos, CA 90703
Enjoy pho, curry soup, spring rolls,
udon noodles stir-fried with bbq “duck,” cold noodle salad, and more.
- Packers by position: Despite additions at outside linebacker, Blake Martinez may hold key to Packers’ defensive success July 22, 2019GREEN BAY — Much of focus this offseason has been on the Green Bay Packers’ renovation project at outside linebacker — and with good reason, given the […]
- Additions of Kawhi Leonard, Paul George make Clippers a hot ticket July 21, 2019The Clippers hadn’t yet officially signed Kawhi Leonard or traded for Paul George when an email went out from the team to fans at 4:41 p.m. on Saturda […]
- Supergirl Season 5 Casts Veronica Mars Vet as Budding Superhero Acrata, Plus Several Other Intriguing Additions July 20, 2019Two new (yet familiar) faces are coming to Supergirl in Season 5 — and they have very different plans for National City. As revealed during the CW dra […]
- GM, FCA lead in minority dealer additions July 19, 2019General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles added more minority dealers last year than all other automakers, with each company achieving a net gain o […]
- Kushner: The common theme for Pelicans, latest additions? A fresh start, and a shot at redemption July 19, 2019Four men were seated across a podium together, all looking straight ahead in the moment while staring directly into a pivot point of their careers. As […]