Each issue of Vegetarian Journal features the column Veggie Action where we feature an outstanding vegan activist. Most recently we highlighted the good work being done by Marcy Schveibinz, a certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) in Columbia, MD.
After reaching out to The Vegetarian
Resource Group for volunteer opportunities, Marcy Schveibinz, was given the
chance to teach a vegan cooking class at Christopher Place Employment Academy.
A division of The Catholic Charities of Baltimore, Christopher Place Employment
Academy helps formerly homeless men with job training and provides a support
system including addiction recovery, counseling, and life skills.
Marcy teaches her cooking class once a
week for eight weeks to a group of 8 to 14 men. Her curriculum explores
nutrition and healthy eating on a budget, and includes live recipe
demonstrations. The class, created through funds from a vegan donor, is
mandatory for all the men in the program.
“I like that I’m able to teach
people about something that’s so important to me,” Marcy said.
She focuses on simple meals that taste
good, especially familiar foods, like chili and stir-frys, which the men enjoy.
Her meals are based around the idea that vegan food can be easy and satisfying.
You can read the entire Veggie Action column here: https://www.vrg.org/journal/vj2019issue2/2019_issue2_vegetarian_action.php
Subscribe to Vegetarian Journal in the USA only by visiting https://www.vrg.org/member/2013sv.php
You can also subscribe to the Kindle version of Vegetarian
Journal in the USA and United Kingdom.
United Kingdom, visit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LBY2Y7K/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1544731957&sr=8-1&keywords=B07LBY2Y7K
- CLASS ACTION REMINDERS for FND, LTHM, PSMT, and AOS: Hagens Berman Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders June 18, 2019SAN FRANCISCO, June 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP reminds FND, LTHM, PSMT, and AOS investors that class action lawsuits […]
- Class-action suit accuses Reno of causing flood damage June 18, 2019RENO, Nev. (AP) — A class-action lawsuit accuses the city of Reno of causing flood damage to dozens of homes and property north of town in Lemmon Vall […]
- Rain postpones Tuesday's College World Series action, tripleheader planned for Wednesday June 18, 2019Rain has washed out Tuesday’s College World Series action. And now CWS officials are hoping that a Wednesday tripleheader will put the series back on […]
- EU Ministers Urge Action Over Turkey's Drilling off Cyprus June 18, 2019NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) — European Union foreign ministers on Tuesday urged the 28-member bloc to immediately draw up a list of "appropriate measure […]
- CLASS ACTION UPDATE for AOS, CLDR and ASNA: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders June 18, 2019NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / June 18, 2019 / Levi & Korsinsky, LLP announces that class action lawsuits have commenced on behalf of shareholders of […]