Make a quick and easy vegetarian chili recipe with us! Today we are giving the Breville Fast Slow Pro Pressure Cooker a try and sharing our honest and fun review with you!
Need some quick and easy family meal prep inspo?
We certainly do, since the kids (and quite frankly us as well) are getting bored of the same meals each week. But, the priority is that is has to be fast and easy to make – right!?
Cause ain't no mama got time for hours in the kitchen…
So, we have jumped on the pressure cooker train, and started using them and what a difference it's made to our home cooking!
In this video, we share a super mom-friendly, one pot wonder recipe for vegetarian lentil chili that with the toppings of each person's choice, was a huge hit around the dinner table!
We are in love with Breville FAST SLOW PRO Cooker – – watch to see why!
VEGGIE LENTIL CHILI RECIPE (Thanks to Jenn from PeasandCrayons.com)
1 cup diced onion
1 tsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
1 bell pepper diced
1 jalapeno pepper diced
2.5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth if needed)
15 oz canned tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup mild or medium salsa verde (or your favorite salsa!)
1 TBSP tomato paste
15 oz can black beans (drained + rinsed)
15 oz can pinto beans (drained + rinsed)
1 cup corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
3/4 cup dried red lentils
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream* (optional – see notes)
salt and pepper to taste
PILE ON THE TOPPINGS!
crushed tortilla chips (a favorite!)
shredded cheddar or mex-blend cheese
sliced or diced jalapeños
chopped red onion
pico de gallo
sour cream or greek yogurt
First, chop your veggies and measure out the ingredients.
Next add everything but the heavy cream your toppings.
This includes bell pepper, jalapeño, corn, lentils, black beans, pinto beans, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salsa verde, and all your herbs + spices. Toss them in and set IP to high pressure for 15 minutes.
Walk away; FREEDOM!
Allow natural pressure release.
Stir in the cream, add all your favorite toppings, and enjoy!!
—-For more on this recipe, click here:
Join Liat and Carolina – best friends, working moms, passionate travelers and foodies – on our journey to rediscovering our mojos. Momjo is more than a movement- it's a way of life. Our goal is to inspire, empower, motivate and entertain moms around the world to live their best life!
What are you waiting for? SUBSCRIBE now and JOIN US – 🙂
**Weekly videos right here on YouTube and LIVE every Wed 9.15PM ET on FB/IG: @findingmomjo**
Want to be a #momjomama? FOLLOW us on social media:
To CONTACT US, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to hear from you!
- Grab Breville's Barista Express espresso machine for its all-time low price July 17, 2019Espresso machines this fancy would seem out of reach for most people, but today you can get the highly rated Breville Barista Express espesso machine […]
- Breville bags US sous vide start-up as part of innovation push July 17, 2019Appliance manufacturer Breville Group has acquired Seattle-based start-up ChefSteps in a push to boost its R&D capacity and place a "sustaine […]
- Breville cooks up a sous vide storm with ChefSteps acquisition July 16, 2019Australian consumers are more inclined to burn their beef on a barbie than cook it in pot of boiling water, but the growing international popularity o […]
- Breville buys food and tech start-up ChefSteps July 16, 2019The Breville Group says it has acquired US food and tech start-up ChefSteps. ChefSteps, which grew out of a website set up in 2012 and started selling […]
- Months after significant layoffs, Joule cooking device maker ChefSteps acquired by Breville July 16, 2019Chris Young, co-founder of ChefSteps, demonstrating the Joule sous vide cooking device at GeekWire Summit 2016. (GeekWire Photo / Dan DeLong) Less tha […]