Tomato Rice popularly called as Thakkali Sadam in South India is a very quick to make rice dish that is packed with flavours from tomatoes, cardamom, and the sambar powder.
Most often I like to make it more nutritious by adding some grated carrots to it as well. The Thakkali Sadam tastes delicious when served along with a raita and some papad. This rice also makes a perfect lunch box for kids, as they find it easy to eat and tasty too.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other rice recipes such as
- Spice up dinner with this burger recipe June 18, 2019While everyone claims to have the best burger recipe, we think the one below may get your taste buds jumpin’ and add a little beloved Texas heat to yo […]
- Recipe Swap: Sicilian pesto pasta incorporates almonds June 18, 2019Americans love Italian pesto, but too many of us have tried only one kind: the Genovese style with pine nuts, basil and Parmesan. Italians make a lot […]
- Make a unique recipe with a Jicama salad June 18, 2019• 1 medium sized jicama peeled and cut into thick matchbook style pieces • 2 oranges peeled and cut into thick slices In a large bowl, toss together t […]
- Try this recipe for delicious Neopolitan style clams from Bruciato's Chef Brendan McGill - New Day NW June 18, 2019Bainbridge Island's Bruciato serves up delicious pizza and more. Chef Brendan McGill's recipe is perfect for summer in the Pacific Northwest […]
- Recipe: Zucchini hassel back pizzas June 18, 20191 Jar Cannizzaro Marinara, Mushroom Marinara, Vodka or Arrabbiata Sauce Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place zucchini on cutting board and place a chops […]