- Vegan Race Car Champ Lewis Hamilton Asks 13 Million Fans to Boycott Dolphin Shows October 11, 2019Vegan race car champion Lewis Hamilton condemned the exploitation of marine animals for entertainment while visiting Japan to compete in the upcoming Japan Grand Prix. Hamliton—who is becoming a prominent voice for animal rights—took to Instagram to urge his 13.1 million followers to boycott attractions that feature marine animal performances. “So I’m back in Japan, […]
- Antibiotic Resistance in Farmed Animals Nearly Tripled Since 2000 October 11, 2019Antibiotic resistance in animals exploited for food globally has nearly tripled since 2000, according to a recent report published in the Science journal. Researchers from ETH Zurich, the Princeton Environmental Institute, and the Free University of Brussels examined nearly 1,000 publications and unpublished veterinary reports to find that from 2000 until 2018, antibiotics used to […]
- Vegan Soul Food Eatery Sells out in Six Hours on Opening Day October 11, 2019New vegan eatery Vegan Mob opened in Oakland, CA last weekend to lines around the block and sold out of its food in approximately six hours. San Francisco native Toriano Gordon first launched the business as a pop-up with a soul food menu inspired by his grandmother—who used to own a restaurant in San Francisco’s […]
- Vegan Brand Fry Family Foods Donates 5,000 Burgers to California Food Bank October 11, 2019This week, South Africa-based vegan brand Fry Family Foods donated 5,000 plant-based burgers to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County which will distribute the donation to people who are struggling with hunger and homeless in Southern California. “When we saw that 112,000 children in Orange County may go hungry every month and that 22 […]
- Vegan Presses Charges Against “Friends” Who Fed Her Chicken While Drunk October 10, 2019A 24-year-old vegan woman on Reddit pressed charges after her then friends fed her dead chicken flesh while she was inebriated. The Redditor explained the story under the popular topic of AITA—or “Am I the A**hole?,” a post where users ask if they are to blame for the way they acted in various situations. The […]
- Hardee’s to Offer Beyond Meat at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner October 10, 2019Starting on October 16, fast-food chain Hardee’s will offer vegan Beyond Meat options at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The chain will test a new Beyond Breakfast Sausage Biscuit and an Original Beyond Thickburger for a limited time in Raleigh, NC, and Kansas City, MO. The breakfast biscuit includes a Beyond Breakfast Sausage patty on a […]
- Bristol’s Oldest Pub Now Serves Only Vegan Food, Including Sunday Roast October 10, 2019The Hatchet Inn—Bristol, England’s oldest pub that dates back to 1606—now exclusively serves vegan food. The pub partnered with vegan pop-up kitchen Soy Ahoy to offer comfort food such as fully loaded nachos with cashew sour cream and vegan mozzarella, a vegan chicken burger with deep-fried vegan calamari rings, smoked gouda, and sriracha mayonnaise, along […]
✿ Veganlovlie Recipes / Flatbread : In one of my What I Ate Wednesday videos, I presented these sweet potato flatbreads with mashed avocados as what I ate for breakfast on that day ( ). I have had quite a few requests for the recipe since then. So, I thought I'd share the recipe; it is such an easy one with just two ingredients. Who doesn't like a two-ingredient recipe?! One important procedure in this recipe is to use the sweet potato while it is hot. The heat makes a much softer roti.
By the way, white sweet potatoes would also work well in this recipe although the dough may require a tablespoon of water added in as white sweet potatoes tend to be a little drier than the orange ones.
These sweet potato rotis also keep well in an airtight container for the next day. Reheating them on a tawa or skillet brings their softness back. They go well with sweet as well as savoury fillings. I do suggest you pair them with some spicy curry as their subtle sweetness makes a palatable contrast.
✿ FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE ✿
Concerning Gluten-Free options:
I have experimented with a store-bought gluten-free flour blend but it didn't work well. It had a blend of rice flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch and some gum. Some people have tried with chickpea flour+millet mix and they said they obtained some decent results although they had to do smaller ones because they were a bit more tricky to handle.
Other people have tried with coconut flour and reported that the rotis turned out good enough although they had to keep flouring them when rolling them out.
I suggest if you using one of these gluten-free flours/mix, you try roll then out in between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper.
I haven't made these with any other gluten-free flour for myself but if I do find a gluten-free blend that works, I will update this.
✿ Help Veganlovlie Grow ✿
▶ Like, comment and share this video. It means a lot to us.
▶ Subscribe to the channel for more free recipes.
Don't forget to enable your notifications so that you don't miss any uploads. It's the little bell icon besides the channel name once you subscribe. (✿◠‿◠)/
✿ SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
— when we upload new recipes, cooking tips and other resources —
✿ LET'S CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
▶ Facebook –
▶ Twitter –
▶ Instagram –
▶ Pinterest –
▶ Google+ –
✿ SUPPORT US
If you would like to support this channel, you can make a donation via:
▶ Paypal –
✿ OUR WEBSITE
Teenuja (◕‿◕✿) + Kevin ⊂◉‿◉つ
Cameraman: Kevin Mangaroo ( )
Audio credit: Already There – Josh Woodward ( )
Beachfront Celebration – Kevin MacLeod ( ) #veganrecipes #vegetarianrecipes #veganlovlie