Swedish Saffron buns also known as St.Lucia saffron buns are traditional saffron spiced bread rolls, typically made around Christmas and for St Lucia Day. St Lucia day is celebrated across the Scandinavian countries on December 13th. They are distributed to family and friends and served along with a warm drink and cookies.
These ‘S’ shaped, mildly sweet, rich rolls are usually topped with a raisin on each end. Saffron added to the dough is what gives these buns the beautiful golden colour. They taste best when served warm and fresh out of the oven.The golden Swedish Saffron buns make for a perfect tea treat not just for the festive season but all year round.
Here are few more homemade bread ideas to cherish during tea time
- Veronica Mars cast says to expect buns and guns in new 'adult' version July 19, 2019Veronica Mars is all grown up. The cast of Veronica Mars joined EW live at our Comic-Con 2019 video studio to talk about how the upcoming Hulu revival […]
- Meghan Markle ditched messy buns for this relatable reason, hair expert claims July 18, 2019The Duchess of Sussex has seemingly ditched her “signature” messy bun hairstyle, but one haircare professional argues that it’s for a reason many new […]
- It's National Hot Dog Day, best find the buns July 17, 2019It’s a celebration of grilled wieners and toasted buns -- it's National Hot Dog Day, and the long history this iconic summer meal has had in Nort […]
- The Kitchn: These breakfast buns are like grown-up cinnamon rolls July 16, 2019The secret to a stress-free brunch party? Finding a foolproof, big-batch, crowd-pleasing recipe you can count on every time. This is mine (and should […]
- Hamburger and hot dog buns at Walmart and other retailers recalled for choking hazard July 14, 2019(CBS News)-Flowers Food, one of the largest producers of packaged bakery goods in U.S., is recalling baked goods including hamburger and hot dog buns […]