Typically when I review products, they’re items that were sent to me expressly for the purpose of featuring on my blog (of course I let companies know that I’ll offer an honest review, and if I don’t like something about a product, I’ll include that in my review). But other times, I just love a product I’ve purchased so much that I want to tell everyone about it. And that’s the case with Complement Plus.
If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you might know that I’m a No Meat Athlete fangirl. I’ve listened to all the back episodes of the podcast, cooked plenty of dishes from both NMA cookbooks, and I’m a member of the No Meat Athlete Tribe/Pulse Community (meaning I donate a small amount each month to support the work of the NMA team).
Matt Frazier, the founder of No Meat Athlete, also serves as the Chief Outreach Officer for Alpine Organics, a new-ish supplement company that makes products designed for vegans. I learned about Complement on his podcast and subscribed right away last year! At the time, the original Complement was a D3, B12, and EPA/DPA supplement available in spray form (and it still is!).
But just this month, they’ve released another product called Complement Plus – a capsule that contains B12, D3, EPA/DHA, Iodine, K2, Magnesium, Selenium, and Zinc. According to Alpine Organics, which relies on medical advice of Dr. Joel Kahn, B12, D3, and EPA/DHA are the three essential nutrients missing from a plant-based diet.
So those are covered here. Plus, you get Iodine and Zinc (two important minerals not abundantly found in plant-based foods), K2 (which can only be found in natto, and who eats that everyday?), Selenium, and Magnesium. Before I started taking Complement Plus this month, I was taking the Complement spray for my essentials, taking a magnesium capsule to help me sleep and prevent headaches, and eating a daily brazil nut for selenium.
- Boswellia Market : Rise in the Demand for Food Supplements and Herbal Products to Fuel Market Growth - TMR March 23, 2019Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/23/2019 -- According to the latest market report published by Transparency Market Research titled 'Boswellia Market: […]
- Jameela Jamil calls out Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner for promoting controversial ‘meal supplements’ March 23, 2019Jameela Jamil has called out Kris Jenner for promoting controversial weight-loss products. The Kardashian-Jenner matriarch posed with a collection of […]
- Sports Supplements Market 2019 Brief Analysis by Top Key Players - Atlantic Grupa, Creative Edge Nutrition, Enervit, Glanbia March 23, 2019The qualitative research study conducted by Up Market Research titled “Global Sports Supplements Market Research Report 2019” provides primary Data, s […]
- Answers to your questions about supplements March 22, 2019Whether multivitamins and other dietary supplements are necessary for the general population is a source of debate. Supplements remain recommended for […]
- Be wary of newer, unregulated digestive enzyme supplements March 22, 2019Does your digestion leave something to be desired? If you often experience discomfort after eating, you're not alone. According to the National I […]