I’ll be making this strawberry salad all summer long. It’s beautiful, easy to make, and beyond delicious. What more could we want?
This salad takes a few cues from classic Caprese salad but stars diced strawberries. I opted for crumbled goat cheese instead of mozzarella, and added a drizzle of thick balsamic vinegar.
To round it out, I added lots of fresh basil, plus a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. This salad straddles the line between sweet and savory, and it absolutely works.
The final result is a showstopper. Be sure to use red, ripe strawberries and quality ingredients, and you’ll be thrilled with the results. Hooray for easy summer salads!
The post Strawberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Salad with Balsamic Drizzle appeared first on Cookie and Kate.
- Seasonal Pantry: How to use Balsamic vinegar sparingly August 20, 2019Of all the questions I am asked during cooking classes, book signings, and events such as the Gravenstein Apple Fair, ones about balsamic vinegar are […]
- Balsamic and Soy Marinated Skirt Steaks with Charred Peppers August 19, 2019This simple grilled dinner is all about fresh summer produce. Herbs and smashed garlic quickly infuse charred sweet peppers, capturing their heat stra […]
- How to make cheese scones with balsamic and basil tomatoes August 19, 2019Heat your oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas 6. Dust a large baking tray with a little flour. Sift the flour, bicarbonate, baking powder and a pinch of sea sal […]
- Cooking with Kyle: Orange balsamic vinaigrette August 12, 2019Not only is it too hot to cook, it borders on being too hot to eat! This simple, refreshing salad dressing is assertive enough to compliment fresh spi […]
- 8 Minute Meals: peach caprese salad with balsamic glaze August 12, 2019Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium high and bring vinegar to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and let simmer for a […]