I’ll be making this strawberry salad all summer long. It’s beautiful, easy to make, and beyond delicious. What more could we want?
This salad takes a few cues from classic Caprese salad but stars diced strawberries. I opted for crumbled goat cheese instead of mozzarella, and added a drizzle of thick balsamic vinegar.
To round it out, I added lots of fresh basil, plus a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. This salad straddles the line between sweet and savory, and it absolutely works.
The final result is a showstopper. Be sure to use red, ripe strawberries and quality ingredients, and you’ll be thrilled with the results. Hooray for easy summer salads!
The post Strawberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Salad with Balsamic Drizzle appeared first on Cookie and Kate.
- Let's Eat: Grace Coffee serves State Street West coast roasts and avocado toasts June 16, 2019In front of her was a massive bowl of mixed greens, avocado, grilled potatoes, ham and eggs drizzled with balsamic. “I also wanted to create an enviro […]
- Familiar favorites get boost from MIO ingredients June 14, 2019Rib-eye is considered the most flavorful of steaks; serve it over a bed of arugula and roasted peppers dressed with balsamic vinegar and Parmesan chee […]
- Strawberry Honey Balsamic Ice Cream with Black Pepper June 14, 2019Summer brings long days of sunshine and with it a great excuse to concoct frozen treats. This month’s sweet recipe does just that, with a focus on the […]
- Dine 909: Try lavender treats in Cherry Valley; sample whiskey and waffles in Claremont June 13, 2019In addition to lavender-infused entrées and desserts — including a chicken sandwich with lavender honey mustard dressing, a grilled veggie wrap drizzl […]
- Salt and Stone: Treat dad to a Tri-Tip with Mushroom Balsamic Butter June 11, 2019School’s out for the summer! The end-of-the-year commitments are winding down and I can feel my shoulders loosening as the mad sprint to the finish li […]