Rice can be cooked in a variety of ways. Personally I find the pressure cooker method quick and effective, that can produce rice grains of different textures – from soft to grainy. There are a number of different types of rice grains available and you might choose the variety that your family has been eating for generations or you might want to try another new variety.
Each type of grain, when cooked produces different texture of the rice. The older the rice, the longer it takes to cook. The more polished the rice is, it tends to get cooked faster and also mushy if there is excess water. With practice and the depending on the kind of rice you use, you will be able to arrive at the correct water proportion for cooking rice. The pressure cooker method and the
With practice and the depending on the kind of rice you use, you will be able to arrive at the correct water proportion for cooking rice. The pressure cooker method and the saucepan method, both yield different textures of rice. If you like soft sticky rice, then pressure cooker accomplishes that very easily. If you are looking at a grainy texture then saucepan method is a better method.
Serve Steamed Rice with your choice of Dal, Curries or a Mixed Vegetable Raita.
- Third Annual Broadway Brackets Championship Kicks Off March 21 March 21, 2019amp;amp;lt;section><h2><p>Wicked vs. Gypsy (2003 ... […]
- Poll: Which of these extreme photos best captures this winter wrath? March 20, 2019The 4,500-person town was essentially turned into an island with all roads in and out flooded. <section><h2><p& […]
- Video shows destroyed store fronts, broken glass in East Hills Mall March 19, 2019The video shows destroyed store fronts, broken glass and the remnants of fires. Take a look at the full video below! &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/ […]
- CSX and the Local Motive Conversation March 18, 2019amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;span id="selection-marker-1" ... […]
- 10 Best Songs of the Week: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Young Husband, and More March 15, 2019Read our 2018 interview with Frankie Cosmos on Vessel. Also read our 2016 interview with Frankie Cosmos. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; […]