Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Spaghetti in Spinach
Yes, pasta can be made healthy too! Here cheesy sauce has been replaced with antioxidant rich spinach. Spaghetti used is also whole wheat, so there is room for a little more fiber.
Red capsicum not only adds, vitamins A and C, but vibrant red colour also. The 2 tbsp of cheese added to the recipe can also be avoided. It will yet be equally delicious. Don’t forget to add the oregano and chilli flakes, to experience the true Italian flavour.
This recipe is surely worth a try, especially for kids who otherwise easily turn their heads towards junk foods!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
3 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
For the Sauce
4 cups finely chopped spinach (palak)
1/2 tbsp butter
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 cup finely chopped spring onions (with greens)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red capsicum
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1 cup milk
salt to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
For the sauce
1. Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, spring onions whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for few minutes.
3. Add the red capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cheese, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the spaghetti, oregano and chilli flakes, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
If you wish to serve it later, re-heat the sauce, adding a little milk or water if required and then toss the spaghetti in the sauce. Serve hot.
- Gingin pioneer’s collection of recipes features in new cookbook June 18, 2019A BOOK which features the story of a Gingin woman, who harnessed a lifetime’s collection of recipes almost 100 years ago to raise money for charity, h […]
- Livingston 4-H International Night takes on a new flavor June 18, 2019New this year was a food theme. Each club or member was to additionally research recipes from their countries and prepare at least one dish that could […]
- MIB: International Rewrites & Infighting Sound Like a Recipe for Disaster June 17, 2019Making Men In Black: International reportedly wasn't the smoothest operation. Sony insiders allege that the project had many problems going on be […]
- Savour your summer with North Shore News’ International Dining Stars June 14, 2019So enjoy a break from cooking and feast on some of the best recipes from kitchens around the world. The North Shore News has curated a list of Interna […]
- Men In Black International Review: 2 Ups & 7 Downs June 14, 2019Granted, Men in Black: International basically made this clear ... brand and shoving two Avengers in it is far from a fool-proof recipe for success. B […]