Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Spaghetti in Spinach
Yes, pasta can be made healthy too! Here cheesy sauce has been replaced with antioxidant rich spinach. Spaghetti used is also whole wheat, so there is room for a little more fiber.
Red capsicum not only adds, vitamins A and C, but vibrant red colour also. The 2 tbsp of cheese added to the recipe can also be avoided. It will yet be equally delicious. Don’t forget to add the oregano and chilli flakes, to experience the true Italian flavour.
This recipe is surely worth a try, especially for kids who otherwise easily turn their heads towards junk foods!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
3 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
For the Sauce
4 cups finely chopped spinach (palak)
1/2 tbsp butter
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 cup finely chopped spring onions (with greens)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red capsicum
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1 cup milk
salt to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
For the sauce
1. Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, spring onions whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for few minutes.
3. Add the red capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cheese, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the spaghetti, oregano and chilli flakes, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
If you wish to serve it later, re-heat the sauce, adding a little milk or water if required and then toss the spaghetti in the sauce. Serve hot.
- The Festival of the Mediterranean presents “Recipes of Dialogue. The stories and foods of an inclusive society” August 22, 2019Recipe collection edited by Slow Food to feature at the fifth edition of the event in Turin from September 25 to 28 Following the success of the first […]
- Review: A love affair with Michael Mina’s cooking heats up with International Smoke August 22, 2019I’ve already been to International Smoke three times since its July opening ... freshly baked cornbread, a recipe from Curry, that gets a real kick fr […]
- Students at the International Centre for Brewing and Distilling are on course for a clear-cut career August 22, 2019The International Centre for Brewing and Distilling (ICBD ... a team of postgraduate students to set up their own beer company, develop and test diffe […]
- Corn with Brazilian flair: 4 recipes put an international spin on a summer favorite August 21, 2019At the Saturday Brookhaven and Sunday Marietta farmers markets, Liliane Chick of Yellow Blossom sells Brazilian tamales called “pamonha.” Unlike Mexic […]
- Try easy bread and butter pickles recipe with your bountiful cucumber harvest August 20, 2019Recipes for his Homemade Bread and Butter Pickles were printed ... Pickles can be served chilled or at room temperature. The International Culinary Ar […]