The post Sophie Turner’s Makeup Artist Shares Skincare Must-Have & We’re Swooning appeared first on Peaceful Dumpling.
It’s no secret that I’m forever intrigued with the wisdom of those working magic behind the scenes of red carpets and runways, especially the makeup pros who are continually innovating and infusing the industry with their fresh vision.
One such person is Tamah Krinsky, who has served as makeup artist to Sophie Turner, Hailey Bieber, Anna Paquin, Rosamund Pike, and Rashida Jones, and countless others. Luckily for us, the makeup- and skin care-savvy Krinksy recently shared her skin-care must-haves with Allure. “I’m obsessed and actively strive to keep my skin as radiant and healthy as possible,” she says. Her arsenal includes several natural, gentle, and/or non-toxic products that accomplish that goal. Let’s take a look!
Morning: Cleanse, Hydrate, Moisturize & Glow
As any skin expert will tell you, healthy skin begins with properly cleansed skin—cleansing should never ever be harsh or stripping, however. Krinsky cleanses her skin with Vanicream Cleansing Bar. “It’s fragrance-free, doesn’t contain any superficial ingredients, and is gentle and non-drying,” she says. The bar is designed for those with sensitive or dry skin and is oil-free and gluten-free.
Next, Krinsky treats her skin with her favorite serum: Dr. Barbara Strum Hyaluronic Acid Serum. “I apply it right out of the shower onto freshly clean, slightly damp skin because I like a touch of moisture as I apply it and find it absorbs well that way for me,” she explains. This plumping serum is designed to hydrate multiple layers skin with both long- and short-chain hyaluronic acid. Meanwhile, purslane extract provides a rich supply of antioxidants to help protect skin from free-radicals. The ultimate results—supple, dewey, pampered skin.
Krinsky seals in this hydrating layer with cult-favorite Vinter’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum, which contains a whopping 22 natural and organic wildcrafted oils that help encourage skin cell turnover, maintain elasticity, oxygenate cells, and defend against environmental damage all while strengthening capillaries and preventing hyperpigmentation. “I pat it into my face and neck — the smell is intoxicating and it leaves the most dewy and amazing texture and wakes my skin up,” she says.
Night: Cleanse, Renew, Moisturize & Fortify
At the end of the day, Krinsky cleanses her skin with Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Oil Cleanser, a gentle, oil-based cleanser that erases the day while moisturizing skin. “I then apply the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Serum and its Marula Oil followed by EltaMD’s PM Therapy Moisturizer and let it all soak in,” she explains. The vitamin C serum features a 15% antioxidant complex of l-ascorbic and ferulic acids plus vitamin E to fend off free radicals and promote a clearer, more even complexion while pure marula oil is a rich “rehab” for weary skin and is suitable for almost any complexion.
Monthly: Exfoliate & Resurface
Krinsky treats her skin once or twice a month with one of two resurfacing products: Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask, a potent, 100% natural blend of neroli, willow bark extract, witch hazel, reddish root extract, and rose clay, or Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial Mask, a combination of exfoliating acids, including 25% AHA and 2% BHA with Glycolic, Tartaric, Lactic, Citric and Salicylic acids. Both treatments exfoliate skin, promoting skin clarity and smoothness.
What are your skincare must-haves? Do you follow the same skincare routine every day? Let us know in the comments below!
Get more like this–sign up for our newsletter for exclusive inspirational content!
Photo: Tamah Krinsky via Instagram, Amazon, Goop, Dermstore
The view other posts like this on Peaceful Dumpling.
- World Cup 2019: Team Pakistan become rats against India: Twitter trolls Sarfaraz and Co June 17, 2019amp;amp;lt;a href="https://poll.fm/10344522">Which opening stand has been the best so far in the 2019 Cricket World Cup?</a […]
- rygter om svar på torsdag June 16, 2019u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avanza.se%2Fplacera%2Fforum%2Fforum%2Fbeowulf-mining.html%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2PTiwwo_OFzPVZWfO-bRBZSnRdt90Hw-F-vJ8uOFJd4RTuRHHcZ8afUzY […]
- 11 Best Songs of the Week: Marika Hackman, Shura, Sleater-Kinney, Bat For Lashes, and More June 14, 2019That's the music that got me excited about writing again." &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; […]
- Band of the Week: The High Ground June 10, 2019Our debut EP Concrete was released in February 2018, followed by the single “When It Rains, It Pours” in July 2018. <a ... […]
- 10 Best Songs of the Week: Jay Som, The Divine Comedy, Whitney, Temples, and More June 7, 2019Read our 2017 interview with Goswell about the making of Slowdive. ... […]