Y’all. I went straight off the whole foods rails last week. Like just FELL. RIGHT. OFF. Sure, I still had a few healthy meals at home. But for the most part, I gave into every craving for sweets and oil and ate out more times than I typically do.
And that’s okay! Sometimes, you need to treat yourself, and I think it was time. Our cafe at Crosstown Arts was KILLING IT with desserts and specials last week, so I ended up eating quite a bit at work. And I treated myself to a decadent meal at Imagine Vegan Cafe last Tuesday.
That Imagine meal — the Vegan Memphis platter — comes with seitan BBQ, seasoned fries, and baked beans. It’s one of my favorite things to order, but I so rarely eat fries.
So yea, that was a delicious week. But I am trying to reign that in this week. I feel better when I’m limiting sugar and eating less white bread and fried foods. No regrets though!
- Owego-Apalachin's school budget didn't pass. What comes next? May 23, 2019Owego-Apalachin's school budget didn't pass. What comes next? The Owego-Apalachin asked voters to approve a budget with a 3.83% increase of […]
- Cramer: Huawei has misbehaved for years but we didn't care before Trump May 23, 2019Tensions between the U.S. and China have sparked another sell-off. CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" discusses how the markets are reacting […]
- Pacers’ Myles Turner says it’s “blatant disrespect” he didn’t make All-Defensive Team May 23, 2019The NBA’s All-Defensive Teams were announced on Wednesday. When it came to the center position, Utah’s Rudy Gobert was named to the first team, and Ph […]
- ‘We Didn’t Get Into This Crisis Overnight’: A Look At How Fentanyl Has Thwarted Both The Trump And Obama Administrations May 23, 2019The Trump administration struggles to make headway against the fentanyl-driven opioid epidemic, with public health experts pointing to the need for mo […]
- Marty Azola: This developer didn't demolish historic Baltimore buildings, he saved them May 23, 2019While some developers have taken a wrecking ball to old buildings in the Baltimore area, Marty Azola has been saving them and figuring out new uses fo […]