A traditional Sindhi recipe – the Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe, is a healthy yet delicious one pot dish, that is popular in almost all Sindhi households. A wholesome dish that’s packed with lentils, greens and a pot load of other seasonal vegetables.
A nutritious and a balanced meal, it is cooked to perfection with just the right amount of spice and tempered with ghee and garlic. This dish can be had as a meal in itself or served with phulkas or rice.
The Sai Bhaji in itself makes a wholesome diabetic meal on its own and you can serve it optionally along with Bhakri for a diabetic lunch or dinner. The addition of Spinach, Methi, Vegetables and all the dals, makes it a fibre rich and protein rich meal for diabetes.
‘Sai” in Sindhi means ‘green’ and ‘bhaji’ like we all know means vegetables.
If you like this recipe of Sindhi Sai Bhaji, here are some more Sindhi recipes:
- Onion bhaji June 12, 2019with flour - which makes them high in energy-giving carbohydrates - spices and oil. They supply small amounts of antioxidant nutrients (from the onion […]
- Unique Challenges of Being in the ‘Pav Bhaji Generation’ June 10, 2019I was recently invited to give a talk on the topic of “Sandwich Generation” at the Hindu Community Institute (www.hinduci.org), a new non-profit organ […]
- Morrisons launches new Bhaji Burger May 14, 2019Morrisons is joining the race for the vegetarian market with a new Bhaji Burger. The new menu addition includes a bhaji burger served with mango chutn […]
- Indian Food: Home-Cooked ‘Puri Bhaji’ May 14, 2019If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join us as a Premium Member, today. All Premium Members get to view The G […]
- Indian fast-food restaurant trademarks samosa and onion bhaji hybrid May 3, 2019It has been revealed that an Indian restaurant has filed to trademark the ‘Samhaji’ – a hybrid created from two of the nation’s favourite Indian start […]