Semiya Payasam is a simple, yet delicious festive pudding made of vermicelli , milk, dry fruits and flavored with cardamom and/or saffron. Usually a staple on occasions like Tamizh/Tamil new year and Onam where a feast is cooked, and this payasam is served as dessert.
You can use any kind of Semiya (Vermicelli) to make the Semiya payasam. They can be roasted or not roasted. Now a days roasted semiya is available in the market. In case if you do not get roasted semiya then roast the semiya in a preheated pan and then add the roasted semiya to the milk.
This Semiya Payasam/ Kheer yet another simple and quick recipe that has surprisingly wonderful results. Make it for the next festival and for your family and friends after a festive meal together.
If you like this Semiya Payasam, you can also try some of these other payasam/ kheer recipes the next time you cook for family and friends:
- Kashmiri Pandits celebrate Kheer Bhavani festival in Ganderbal June 14, 2019Devotees come from across the country and the world to worship Goddess Kheer Bhavani. Devotees celebrated Mata Kheer Bhawani Jayanti in the state of J […]
- Thousands of Kashmiri Pandits throng Kheer Bhawani Mela June 11, 2019As the famous Kheer Bhawani mela kicked off, thousands of Kashmiri Pandits from across the country thronged the Ragnya Devi temple in Jammu and Kashmi […]
- KPs Throng Kheer Bhawani Temple June 10, 2019(MENAFN - Kashmir Observer) SRINAGAR — Hundreds of Kashmiri Pandit devotees prayed at the famous Ragnya Devi temple here in central Kashmir's Gan […]
- Kashmiri Pandits return to Valley for Kheer Bhawani mela June 10, 2019TULMULLA (GANDERBAL): Hundreds of Kashmiri Pandit devotees thronged the Kheer Bhawani temple at Tulmulla in central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Mo […]
- Madhav, Abdullah, Lt Gen Dillion participate in Kheer Bhawani Mela in J-K June 10, 2019Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], June 10 (ANI): BJP national general secretary Ram Madhav, National Conference president Farooq Abdullah, and Lt […]