We found this delicious salad at Beth Dunham’s blog. It only took a little bit of adapting to be vegan. We really enjoyed this salad. You will need to start a couple of days ahead to sprout your lentils but it is well worth doing as they add such a nice crunch to the salad.
We did follow the instructions, and only changed the dressing by using non-dairy yogurt instead of the sour cream and mayo. We did add a small splash of sesame oil to the soy-yogurt so as to bring out the Vitamin A in the carrots. She said that left-overs will keep a few days in the refrigerator, but there was no way we had any left overs.
- Shaw Retailer Bazaar Spices Will Close March 31, Everything's Half Off March 21, 2019The thoughtful spice shop that stocked a global treasure trove of exotic spices, rice, beans, lentils, sea salts, speciality flours, and speciality su […]
- PHOTOS: The Inn at Little Washington’s Saint Patrick’s Day Dinner March 21, 2019Bagpipe player J.R. Arthur leads guests to dinner. The dinner’s fifth course of “Grilled King Lamb Chop Perfumed with Rosemary on Lentils du Puy with […]
- Make this roasted potato salad with French lentils and spring vegetables March 21, 2019Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for […]
- Rosemary Lentils March 20, 2019The Rosemary Lentils call for canned lentils, which work well here. Steamed lentils in a vacuum pack are now available in some stores. These are not p […]
- Art of the dal: Spicy red lentils fire up flavor March 20, 2019During the long, blank winter, I reserve the right to self-medicate with red dal. I have a recipe that brings color and flavor to the darkest corners […]