We found this delicious salad at Beth Dunham’s blog. It only took a little bit of adapting to be vegan. We really enjoyed this salad. You will need to start a couple of days ahead to sprout your lentils but it is well worth doing as they add such a nice crunch to the salad.
We did follow the instructions, and only changed the dressing by using non-dairy yogurt instead of the sour cream and mayo. We did add a small splash of sesame oil to the soy-yogurt so as to bring out the Vitamin A in the carrots. She said that left-overs will keep a few days in the refrigerator, but there was no way we had any left overs.
- Stormzy jokes ‘don’t start throwing lentils’ as he slams vegans and their love of avocados May 18, 2019Stormzy has taken to Twitter to joke about vegans and their love of avocados and to be honest, we’re with him. There are many better fruits out there, […]
- Locally Carei: Lentils are power packed food source May 15, 2019When kids go off to college, they evolve in many ways, and some ways it involves their diet. My daughter, who loved chicken and made sure that I made […]
- Want your kids to eat quinoa or lentils? Explain the benefits May 14, 2019Popeye was right when he sang "I'm strong to the finich, cause I eats me spinach." The legendary, one-eyed comic character's nearl […]
- How to cook with luscious lentils May 13, 2019(HealthDay)—Lentils are super nutritious legumes that sometimes take a backseat to beans because they're not always as readily available and aren […]
- Mice turn their nose up at lentils May 12, 2019The diet of field mice has been put under the microscope, to get a clearer understanding about their preferences about bait. Researchers have found th […]