Did you know Canada is the number one country that produces lentils? If you like lentils, we found a really great resource for you to enjoy: https://www.lentils.org. You can find many many super recipes from Chef Michael Smith, or download the seasonal magazine with great photos and recipes. Many recipes are not vegan, but can easily be adapted.
This recipe was very easy to adapt to being vegan merely by exchanging the sour cream for soy yogurt. It is a quick and easy recipe that really tastes great. We use it as a spread for bread, rolls or sandwiches, and it’s great as a dip as well.
Recipe: An Ode to Borscht Lentil Dip
- Sammy Shore, Comic and Co-Owner of The Comedy Store, Dead at 92 May 18, 2019He was the father of actor-comedian Pauly Shore. Shore's nearly seven-decade career stretched from the "Borscht Belt" summer resorts of […]
- Borscht Belt crew that inspired ‘Dirty Dancing’ to reunite in Catskills April 17, 2019“Move over, Mrs. Maisel,” says Robin Kauffman. “We were the real thing!” Kauffman worked as a camp counselor at the Homowack Lodge in the Catskills du […]
- The Key to Old World Borscht April 14, 2019In a far corner of Nach Waxman’s handsome, prewar apartment living room sits a two-gallon ceramic crock perched over three stout bricks. To the casual […]
- Behind the scenes of Cirque’s ‘Amaluna’: Sushi, borscht and Wonder Woman’s stunt double March 24, 2019Behind the scenes of Cirque’s ‘Amaluna’: Sushi, borscht and Wonder Woman’s stunt double A cast from 22 countries makes Cirque du Soleil's big-top […]
- Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Me and Borscht March 18, 2019What do Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and I have in common? We all spent a day at Veselka, an iconic Ukrainian restaurant in Manhattan’s Lower East S […]