Did you know Canada is the number one country that produces lentils? If you like lentils, we found a really great resource for you to enjoy: https://www.lentils.org. You can find many many super recipes from Chef Michael Smith, or download the seasonal magazine with great photos and recipes. Many recipes are not vegan, but can easily be adapted.
This recipe was very easy to adapt to being vegan merely by exchanging the sour cream for soy yogurt. It is a quick and easy recipe that really tastes great. We use it as a spread for bread, rolls or sandwiches, and it’s great as a dip as well.
Recipe: An Ode to Borscht Lentil Dip
- Final Draft: Blessings and Borscht: Exploring the Mysteries of Superstition in My Ancestry March 21, 2019After December 22, I reached out to my various communities on social media to elicit questions, discussion points, concerns, and more brought up by th […]
- Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Me and Borscht March 18, 2019What do Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and I have in common? We all spent a day at Veselka, an iconic Ukrainian restaurant in Manhattan’s Lower East S […]
- Christmas Borscht in a Jewish Town March 18, 2019Perhaps one of the most surprising things about my visit to Veselka, a renowned Ukrainian restaurant on Manhattan’s very Jewish-centric Lower East Sid […]
- Soviet-style Lenten lunch: Salad, borscht, mushroom dumplings, with cookies for dessert March 15, 2019This year, Orthodox Lent runs from March 11 to April 27—a period of strict fasting for the faithful in the runup to Easter. For many, the dietary rest […]
- Tallest modular hotel is built in New York City March 14, 2019Pirogies and borscht aren't the only thing that came from Poland to the Bowery. There are many virtues and advantages to modular construction, es […]