- Another UK University Votes to Ditch Beef November 14, 2019The University of East Anglia’s (UAE) student-elected Union Council voted to stop the sale of beef on campus in an effort to fight climate change. The students want to build on the existing Meat Free Monday policy on campus with new vegan food options on other days and a general shift away from environmentally damaging […]
- Mars to Launch Its First Vegan Milk Chocolate Bar in UK November 13, 2019On November 18, chocolate company Mars, Incorporated will debut its first vegan milk chocolate Galaxy line in the United Kingdom. The company spent six months developing the new milk chocolate bars which are made with hazelnut paste and rice syrup instead of dairy milk. “This is our first vegan product and we felt it was […]
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Invest in Vegan Brand Miyoko’s November 13, 2019Celebrity couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi recently invested an undisclosed amount in vegan brand Miyoko’s Creamery to support its efforts to launch new products in 2020. “Being kind to one another is not just about people, it extends to animals as well,” DeGeneres said. “Portia and I have been customers of Miyoko’s Creamery […]
- Jon Stewart Promotes Veganism at <i>The Game Changers</i> Screening November 13, 2019Comedian and television host Jon Stewart recently hosted a screening of vegan documentary The Game Changers at Monmouth University in New Jersey. The groundbreaking film follows a diverse group of elite athletes who have thrived on a plant-based diet with the aim of dispelling the myth that consumption of animal products is key for athletic […]
- 250 Stadiums, Arenas, and Convention Centers Will Soon Serve 20 More Vegan Meals November 13, 2019Twenty new vegan meals will soon be added to the menus of more than 250 arenas, stadiums, and convention centers across the country. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and Spectra Food Services & Hospitality—a leading provider of food services for venues across North America—are partnering for the first-ever Plant-Based Innovation Workshop on […]
- Zappos’ New Vegan Category Help Shoppers Find Cruelty-Free Apparel November 13, 2019This week, online retailer Zappos launched Goods for Good, a purpose-driven platform that helps shoppers buy products that align with their ethical beliefs. Shoppers can now navigate the website through five filters: Vegan, Sustainably Certified, Organic, Recycled, and Give Back (products with a charitable component). In the vegan category, customers will find shoes, accessories, and […]
- Billie Eilish Offers Chance to Win Free Concert Tickets to Fans Who Take Climate Action November 13, 2019Vegan musician Billie Eilish is offering her fans a chance to win tickets to her sold out Where Do We Go tour through a partnership with Global Citizen, a community-led platform that rewards members for taking action on global issues. Take action for a more sustainable world with @GlblCtzn and win tickets to see Billie […]
A cruciferous spin on macaroni and cheese, this recipe takes comfort food to a whole new level, and is a tasty way to check off a few servings on the Daily Dozen checklist. This recipe comes from Kristina, our Social Media Director.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at .
I hope you don’t mind these occasional breaks from the science.
The other recipe videos have been really popular so we thought we’d continue to mix it up.
Last month, we brought you a recipe video for Easy Veggie Tacos ( ). In addition to the recipe videos, I also have a few on cooking methods:
The Best Way to Cook Sweet Potatoes ( )
Second Strategy to Cooking Broccoli ( )
Inhibiting Platelet Activation with Garlic and Onions ( )
How to Cook Rice to Lower Arsenic Levels ( )
Best Way to Cook Vegetables ( )
How to Cook Greens ( )
Stay tuned for a video on pressure cooking in a few weeks.
And for the rest of the recipe videos, see:
Greger in the Kitchen: My New Favorite Dessert ( )
Greger in the Kitchen: My New Favorite Beverage ( )
Recipe: Morning Grain Bowls ( )
Recipe: Edamame Guacamole ( )
Recipe: Garlic Caesar Salad Dressing ( )
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
• HOW NOT TO DIE:
• Podcast :