Sometimes I think I have a touch of synesthesia. Example? Whenever I cook or bake with cardamom, I think of fuzzy argyle sweaters. I was quite sure this was another symptom of that pesky synesthesia. Next thing you know, I’ll start tasting numbers, right? Or hearing rainbows. (I bet they sound like ABBA!) But then I realized that the reason I associate cardamom with argyle sweaters is because cardamom sounds a lot like cardigan. (Suddenly this post got a lot less interesting, huh?) Still, there’s something very warm and fuzzy about cardamom. Maybe because it’s often used in chai or in Scandinavian breads. It’s one of those strong flavors that people tend to love or hate, but I’ve always loved it. Pairing it with orange is fairly standard, but after trying it in chocolate gelato, I became enamored with the chocolate/cardamom combination–that’s what inspired this Orange Cardamom Chocolate Mousse. I used my Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse recipe as a starting point and added fresh orange juice and zest, as well as a heaping teaspoon full of cardamom. It’s enough of the spice to add a little warm and fuzzy to this vegan chocolate mousse without adding too much.
- Spray-Dried Tea Products Market – Global Competition Outlook by 2026 June 25, 2019Spray-dried tea products are available in numerous flavor types such as cardamom, ginger, lemon mint among other flavors, which creates an opportunity […]
- Bensley Collection - Shinta Mani Wild in Cambodia Opens Khmer Tonics Spa June 24, 2019The Bensley Collection - Shinta Mani Wild, a luxury jungle camp in Cambodia's South Cardamom National Park, has opened a Khmer Tonics Spa that us […]
- Everything You Need to Make Paris's Most Famous Cinnamon Rolls June 24, 2019We developed our glazed cinnamon-cardamom buns recipe as an homage to the famous ones at Circus Bakery in the Marais neighborhood of Paris. The thing […]
- Shinta Mani Wild launches new Khmer Tonics Spa in Cambodia June 24, 2019Nestled deep within the wilderness of the South Cardamom National Park, a short stroll from the camp’s 15 extravagant Bill Bensley-designed tents, the […]
- High returns drive Baglung farmers to growing cardamom June 23, 2019Farmers in Baglung in central Nepal are being increasingly attracted to planting cardamom due to high potential returns from the cash crop. The spice […]