Clearly I am watching too much Top Chef. Because everything on Top Chef is deconstructed, right? You can’t argue with the fact that breaded zucchini is awesome. So why deconstruct it? Well, because breaded zucchini is a huge hassle to make what with the egg on the hands and the breadcrumbs under the fingernails. And painstakingly dipping each little zucchini round into egg and then breadcrumbs takes a lot of time too. Deconstructed breaded zucchini is breaded zucchini for those of us who are short on time, lazy, or a little bit of both. While the onion might not be included in the original version, I threw it in because I had it on hand and I like sauteed zucchini with onions. So why not? This might not be quite the same as breaded zucchini, but it does take half the time (and effort!), which is a big plus in my book.
- DES Lunch Menu April 22-26 April 19, 2019The menu for April 22-26 at Destin Elementary includes: • April 22: Chicken corn dog, breaded chicken on a bun, vegetarian beans, chilled pineapple ti […]
- Sweet and sour chicken, Moon Thai-style April 19, 2019In other words, losing breaded or battered chicken in place of chicken breast, substituting stir frying for deep frying, and replacing any preconceive […]
- Chicago Bandits 2019 National Pro Fastpitch Draft April 19, 2019I love cheese sticks and these were awesome. Lightly breaded and served with a buttermilk ranch marinara, these sticks would have been enough to satis […]
- Search is on for Iowa’s Best Breaded Pork Tenderloin of 2019 April 18, 2019CLIVE — There is no one right way to make a delicious breaded pork tenderloin. That’s one of the reasons the Iowa Pork Producers Association (IPPA) is […]
- Chicken Parm Is My Self-Care April 18, 2019The side of spaghetti was overcooked, the breaded chicken was eerily soft in a way I loved, the cheese was plentiful. Everything about it was mushy an […]