Clearly I am watching too much Top Chef. Because everything on Top Chef is deconstructed, right? You can’t argue with the fact that breaded zucchini is awesome. So why deconstruct it? Well, because breaded zucchini is a huge hassle to make what with the egg on the hands and the breadcrumbs under the fingernails. And painstakingly dipping each little zucchini round into egg and then breadcrumbs takes a lot of time too. Deconstructed breaded zucchini is breaded zucchini for those of us who are short on time, lazy, or a little bit of both. While the onion might not be included in the original version, I threw it in because I had it on hand and I like sauteed zucchini with onions. So why not? This might not be quite the same as breaded zucchini, but it does take half the time (and effort!), which is a big plus in my book.
- Cheetos and KFC's new chicken sandwich is the ungodly, possibly delicious collab of the summer June 24, 2019The limited-edition meal will feature KFC's hand-breaded extra crispy chicken fillet with special Cheetos-infused sauce, layered on a toasted bun […]
- Vegetable-based breadings June 24, 2019Looking to add plant-based nutrition to your breaded meat and poultry items? Vegetable-based crumbs are not only gluten-free, they also contribute pro […]
- 'Tenderloin Throwdown' is Saturday June 21, 2019With four contestants preparing their tastiest breaded, fried and grilled prime cuts of pork, bounce houses and entertainment for the kids, kettle cor […]
- Bringing out the best in breaded chicken June 20, 2019Baked, fried or reheated in the microwave, consumers expect a lot from their breaded chicken products. This varies by where the chicken is consumed, a […]
- USA Today readers choose Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe as having the best breaded tenderloin in Iowa June 19, 2019USA Today readers choose Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe as having the best breaded tenderloin in Iowa A new contest from USA Today pitted 20 restauran […]