The post Ready To Bloom This Spring? Try These 5 Mindfulness Books To Spark Major Creativity appeared first on Peaceful Dumpling.
What’s your favorite form of self-care? I personally love curling up with a good book (and maybe a cup of tea!) Another self-care ritual is meditation, and I often love to combine the two. These are a few of my favorite books about meditation, spirituality, and mindfulness. Whether you’re a science nerd or deeply spiritual person (or both!) I guarantee that you’ll pick up a ton of gems from these books!
- Natural Bravery by Gaylon Ferguson. If I could tell everyone to read one book to transform their life, it might be this one. Ferguson breaks down four deep fears that most of us hold – fear of oneself, fear of others, fear of space, and fear of manifesting – and offers exercises, guidance, and everyday wisdom to help us combat these fears. The chapters are short and sweet, making this the perfect read before a daily meditation practice.
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron. This book is a wonderful introduction into the practice of meditation and Buddhist thought. Chodron shares a few of Buddhism’s most powerful teachings about the root of suffering, impermanence, and how mindfulness can help us transcend everyday pain and pleasure. You also don’t need to be a Buddhist or know much about Buddhism to read this book; it’s well-suited for a wide range of readers.
- Explorations of a Cosmic Soul by Allie Michelle. I had to throw a poetry book into this list! Michelle speaks to both everyday struggles and deep spiritual teachings in this magical poetry collection. I love opening the book up to a random page and reading a poem; somehow it’s always what I need to hear.
- Why Buddhism is True by Robert Wright. Now we’re getting into the more science-y mindfulness books! I’m not kidding when I say that this book changed my entire perspective on the human mind. Wright is an evolutionary psychologist with an interest in Buddhism and mindfulness, and he uses an evolutionary perspective to explain the mental tendencies that Buddhists have taught about for centuries. This book is incredibly fascinating and also has some take-home messages that will enrich your daily life and mindfulness practices.
- Waking Up by Sam Harris. Another book that melds together science and spirituality! Harris brings a unique perspective; he has spent years studying meditation and spiritual disciplines and he also holds a doctorate in neuroscience. If you’re curious about what neuroscience and meditation can tell us about consciousness, this is the book for you!
Happy spring reading, dumplings! What’s on your reading list? Let us know in the comments!
Photo: Maille O’Donnell
The view other posts like this on Peaceful Dumpling.
- Easter lily can be planted outside after bloom April 20, 2019Q: My children gave me a potted Easter lily on Good Friday and it’s just lovely! How do I care for it and is the lily plant-able outside? – L.M., Albu […]
- Rooms with a bloom: 10 beautiful garden getaways in the UK April 20, 2019Bucolic bliss awaits at Barnsley House hotel in Cirencester. Redesigned by Rosemary Verey in the 1950s, its 11 acres combine formal gardens, clipped y […]
- A shot of spring: 50,000 daffodils are in bloom at Lauritzen Gardens April 20, 2019More than 50,000 daffodils are in bloom at Lauritzen Gardens, forming a jubilant spring trail that stretches more than two football fields long. It’s […]
- After a year's work, brilliantly colourful mural in full bloom at Regina's Ukrainian Co-op April 20, 2019After nearly a year's worth of work by a local artist, an ambitious mural that evelops Regina's Ukrainian Co-op is officially finished. Jez […]
- Better Buy: Plug Power vs. Bloom Energy April 20, 2019Investors in fuel-cell stocks Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG) and Bloom Energy (NYSE: BE) have had a lot to celebrate in 2019. While the S&P 500 has cli […]