In this video Jon makes delicious vegan pizza rolls.
Help The Vegan Zombie:
For full recipe Download our E-Book here or
Get Hard copy here
FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES:
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
The Vegan Zombie
Cooking with the Vegan Zombie. Watch as we make vegan pizza dough, pepperoni and sausage rolls with delicious Daiya cheese.
1 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup bread flour
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1tsp sea salt
makes 4 to 6 rolls / 35 min
1 large pizza dough
2 cups Seitan or baked tofu
2 vegan sausage OPTIONAL
2 cups vegan cheese shreds i.e. Daiya Shreds
1 cup tomato sauce
½ cup onion diced
¼ cup fresh basil chopped
2 Tbs olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 430 degrees.
2. Roll out dough ball on counter and form in to large circle. With pizza cutter, cut dough in half and half again forming large triangles. Cut again to make smaller rolls if preferred.
3. With spoon, form a line of tomato sauce about 1 inch from the outer lip of each dough triangle. Do not get sauce on the corners. Next place vegan sausage, seitan or tofu on the line of sauce. Add fresh basil and onion and top with cheese shreds.
4. Take the left and right corners of the dough and fold them up and over and stick them near the center of triangle. Carefully fold outer lip of dough over the filling and roll it up. Repeat for each pizza roll.
5. Place pizza rolls on baking sheet.
6. In small bowl stir together olive oil and 2 Tbs of tomato sauce. Brush it on the tops of the uncooked pizza rolls.
7. Place pizza rolls in oven at 430 degrees for 15 to 20 min.
- It’s officially fishing season, and chef Jon Wipfli wants to teach you to cook what you catch May 13, 2019One of Wipfli’s personal favorite ways to cook fish? Over an open fire. (Yes, he has instructions for that, too.) How do you know your fishy feast is […]
- How my daughter taught me about cooking May 12, 2019My classes shifted the paradigm of culinary instruction. I made improvisation teachable, even to novice home cooks. Truth is, the more I taught and co […]
- Lawsuits claim cans of Pam cooking spray are exploding: Here's what consumers need to know May 11, 2019Within that timespan, the company has very rarely received complaints about its cooking sprays. With regards to the products' safety, Hare added […]
- Six Lawsuits Allege Cans Of Pam Cooking Spray Are Exploding And Causing Severe Burns May 10, 2019"All PAM Cooking Sprays include clear instructions on both the front and back of the packaging alerting consumers that the product should be used […]
- Exploding PAM Cooking Spray is Dangerous, Says Lawsuit May 10, 2019All PAM Cooking Sprays include large, clear instructions, warnings and cautions on both the front and back of the packaging alerting consumers that th […]