Over the past few weeks, I’ve posted a couple times about this pasta on instagram. I have a similar summer pasta but everyone seemed extremely interested in this spring pea version. I love this pasta. The sauce is kind of heavy but there’s just enough to coat the pasta. It comes together quickly and is the perfect go-to, last minute dinner.
When it comes to vegetables, pretty much anything would work for this dish. I keep frozen peas on hand for a simple dinner but this time of year, fresh peas are the way to go. During the spring, I’ve also been known to add asparagus and spinach while summer is all about corn and tomatoes.
This sauce is rich, but it’s one of the reasons I really load up on vegetables in this pasta. You don’t need a lot of sauce to make this pasta really shine. Of course, you don’t have to make this with cream/cheese. I have a similar recipe with an almond sauce. It’s quite a solid vegan swap.
I didn’t include this is this version, but I use herbs a lot in this pasta. Basil, chives, and dill are usually the ones I add first. Add the herbs when you’re adding the parmesan.
I prefer this pea pasta with smaller shapes: orecchiette, penne, or rigatoni. Of course, this could easily work with long noodles. Just use what you have on hand or if you have any favorites.
Serve this pasta with roasted/grilled vegetables or a big salad. I like to load up on greens when I make this pasta dish.
- The best retinol cream June 20, 2019Today's marketplace is inundated with anti-aging products claiming to reverse the effects of time. While the fountain of youth remains undiscover […]
- From T-Shirts to Ice Cream, Kroger Pushes House Brands in Grocery Wars June 20, 2019BERLIN/CHICAGO — Multicolored, sparkly ice cream is an unlikely battleground in U.S. grocery stores. But Kroger Co believes products like Kroger Best […]
- Eat Big Gay Ice Cream and plant a tree with Yo-Yo Ma — here are 5 things to do in Chicago this weekend June 20, 2019Neighborhood food and drink favorites, a Cirque Du Soleil spectacle, a Pride party, tree-planting and Big Gay Ice Cream are some of our favorite thing […]
- Nissan’s zero-emission ice cream van uses old EV batteries to keep things cool June 20, 2019File ice cream vans under ‘things I never thought posed a significant risk to the environment but might actually.’ Nissan has developed a new concept […]
- Nightfood Ice Cream Continues Rapid Expansion, Adding Plant-Based Sleep-Friendly Ice Cream to Award-Winning Product Line June 20, 2019Tarrytown, NY, June 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NEWMEDIAWIRE -- Nightfood, Inc. (OTCQB: NGTF), the nationally expanding ice cream company solving […]