Pavakkai Poriyal Recipe is a simple delicious sweet and sour preparation of the super healthy vegetable Bitter gourd with the addition of amchur powder and jaggery, this karela sabzi becomes more delicious. The best flavours of this Pavakkai Curry (Karela Ki Sabzi) comes from the addition of roasted peanuts and lots of chopped coriander leaves.
Did you know: Asafoetida has lot of medicinal value. According to ayurvedic medicine, it is used for breathing problems including chronic bronchitis and asthma. It is also used for digestion problems including intestinal gas, upset stomach, irritable bowel syndrome and so much more.
And hence ensuring that we use a good quality hing (SSP Asafoetida) is extremely essential. The good part about SSP Asafoetida is that it has no Arabic gum and hence it has strong intense flavors, thereby using just a pinch would be just perfect for a dish.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Karela Recipes such as:
- Dominic Eshun ‘ready for Hearts of Oak pressure’ August 22, 2019After making his first appearance for Accra Hearts of Oak in their 1-0 defeat to Black Meteors, former Karela United winger Dominic Eshun has revealed […]
- Karela United duo Keyeke, Taylor on trails with Hungarian club August 21, 2019Karela United duo Emmanuel Keyekeh and striker Diawise Taylor are currently on trails with Hungarian first Division side Nemzet Bajnoksag The Ghanaian […]
- Karela's sweet cousin, a delicacy in the hills August 19, 2019The onset of winter transforms vegetable markets in Uttarakhand into a visually delightful landscape — from brightly coloured fruits and vegetables to […]
- Karela United duo Keyekeh, Taylor arrive in Hungary August 15, 2019Ghana Premier League side Karela United midfielder Emmanuel Keyekeh and striker Diawise Taylor have touched down in Hungary to begin trials with Hunga […]
- Anne Heche is unloading her vintage waterfront Lake Arrowhead home for $1.05 million August 13, 2019A view of the combined living-dining area, kitchen and loft. (Photo by Josh Karela) The river rock fireplace is original to the house. (Photo by Josh […]