Paneer aur Hare Chane ka Chaat , a tongue-tickling and one-of-a-kind snack.
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal's Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal's YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Paneer aur Hare Chane ka Chaat
A rare combination of boiled hara chana and fresh paneer cubes is combined with tongue-tickling ingredients to make a one-of-a-kind snack! This Paneer aur Hare Chane ka Chaat has the strong flavour and aroma of chaat masala, which is accentuated further by the tanginess of lemon juice. A garnish of finely-chopped coriander is a must to complete the peppy experience. Serve this chatpata snack hot.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 6 minutes.
¾ cup paneer cubes (cottage cheese)
1½ cups soaked and boiled hara chana (green gram)
3 tbsp oil
½ tsp ginger (adarak) paste
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tbsp chaat masala
½ tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes till golden brown in colour, while tossing occasionally.
2. Drain the excess oil, remove the paneer on a plate and keep aside.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the hara chana and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the cooked paneer, chaat masala, lemon juice, salt and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing occasionally.
6. Add the coriander and mix well.
- 7 Best Heart-Healthy Breakfast Recipes: From Oats Idli, Almond Poha, Broccoli Chaat, Flaxseed Smoothie & More. June 14, 2019Heart-Healthy Breakfast Recipes: We've got a range of heart-healthy breakfast recipes for you to prepare at home and get your fuel for the day. F […]
- Recipe: How to make golden pakoras just like Vik’s Chaat in Berkeley June 11, 2019Vik’s in West Berkeley (2390 Fourth St.) has been serving chaat and other street foods from different regions of India since 1989. Pakoras, or vegetab […]
- The most beloved Asian-owned restaurants in the Bay serve burgers, doughnuts and pizza June 10, 2019In California, Asian American restaurateurs don’t just make chaat and sashimi: For generations, they’ve made livings as experts on burgers, doughnuts […]
- Celeb Chef Vicky Ratnani's Cranberry Chana Chaat, Panna Recipes Are A Must Try! June 10, 2019Enjoy your summer and battle the heat with some cooling foods which are good for health and tasty as well. Cranberry is one such fruit which has so ma […]
- Golgappa, pani puri, phuchka: the little world of chaat June 1, 2019No!” The man known to all only as “Panditji”, the owner of the stall, was angry with me when I tried to reach for the plate in his hand; my plate, whi […]