- Vegan Foods Are Most-Ordered Trend on Uber Eats in 2018 December 12, 2018Delivery services Uber Eats named plant-based foods the top trend of 2018 in its year-end report. Based on internal data, the company revealed that out of the top 20 food components in dishes ordered through the service in 2018, many included vegan foods such as avocado, toast, kale, tofu, hummus, and coconut. “The power couple […]
- <i>Vogue</i> Commends Miley Cyrus’ Vegan Style December 12, 2018International fashion magazine Vogue recently applauded vegan songstress Miley Cyrus for advocating animal-free fashion. While in London promoting her new single, “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart” with Mark Ronson, Cyrus used the occasion to showcase all-vegan outfits. Cyrus was spotted wearing vintage faux fur by Vivienne Westwood and vegan leather cowboy boots by Casadei. On […]
- Vegan Bean Burritos Are 276 Percent More Popular on GrubHub December 12, 2018Vegan bean burritos were the most popular takeout food item in 2018, increasing by 276 percent in popularity compared to 2017, according to meal delivery marketplace GrubHub. To compile its “Year in Food” report, GrubHub analyzed orders placed by more than 16 million diners and surveyed consumers across the country about their ordering habits. The […]
- JUST Strikes Historic Deal with Japanese Cattle Ranchers to Make Slaughter-Free Wagyu Beef December 11, 2018Silicon Valley food technology startup JUST—known for its vegan products JUST Mayo and Just Egg—announced a historic partnership today with Japanese meat producer Toriyama Ranch. JUST will work with Toriyama to produce slaughter-free (also known as cultured or cell-based meat) using cells from the company’s “Wagyu” cows—a rare species that is sold as a luxury […]
- Del Taco Adds Vegan Beyond Meat Tacos to 16 San Diego Locations December 11, 2018Starting December 13, Del Taco Restaurants, Inc. will add vegan meat options to the menu of 16 locations in San Diego. Del Taco first tested the options—which feature a proprietary blend made with Beyond Meat vegan meat crumbles—in two Los Angeles locations in September. “With a growing demand for vegan and vegetarian options among our […]
- Scrumptious North Indian Dinners Ideas Perfect For Winters December 15, 2018As seasons change, along with our attire, our eating habits too change to adapt to the weather. The best season for food is the winters. During the winters we are able to digest better and eat fresh seasonal produce available during this time of the year. Winter meals usually are heavy, enriched with ghee, whole […]
- Chicken Yakitori Recipe - Japanese Chicken Skewers December 15, 2018Chicken Yakitori Recipe is a Japanese chicken appetizer, with sweet and spicy notes. Succulent cubes of chicken are marinated in a delicious tangy sauce made with soy sauce, vinegar, some red wine and brown sugar for those sweet notes. Grilled on a pan and served with a sauce made with the remaining marinade. A winner recipe. […]
- Give These Lip Smacking Continental Fish Meals A Try For Weekend Dinner December 14, 2018When it comes to a non - vegetarian diet , our choices are endless. From chicken, mutton, fish to prawns, pork, beef, squid, crab, lobster and what not. Amongst them all, fish is said to be relatively a lot more nutritious than the rest of them.
- Chicken Yakisoba Recipe - Japanese Noodles December 14, 2018Chicken Yakisoba Recipe are Japanese style noodles made using the Yakisoba variety of noodles. Tossed in vegetables like carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, and some onions tossed in a lovely sauce made with soy sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar. Not to forget the addition of the chicken strips that bring in that bit of protein into the […]
- आलू विंडालू रेसिपी - Potato Vindaloo Recipe December 14, 2018आलू विंडालू एक गोअन रेसिपी है जिसमे आलू को गोअन मसालो के साथ पकाया जाता है. यह करी ज़्यादातर तीखी होती है और इसे आप चावल, डोसा या पराठे के साथ परोस सकते है. आलू विंडालू रेसिपी को घी रोस्ट डोसा और रवा प्रॉन्स फ्राई के साथ दिन के खाने के लिए परोसे। अगर आपको […]
Healthy vegan stew recipe for weight loss. Oil free, dairy free, vegan recipe that’s perfect for meal prepping too. Recipe starts at 0:45. Full recipe below!
Vegan Stew Recipe
6 small – medium sized gold potatoes, chopped
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, diced
2 large carrots, chopped
2-4 stalks celery, chopped
1 large turnip or rutabaga, chopped
10 mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
black pepper to taste, I did about 10 grinds
1 carton of store bought veggie broth
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (use tamari if gluten-free)
1 tbsp tomato paste
6 cups water
1 cup lentils
1 cup green peas
Optional add ins:
1 cup diced vegan chorizo
1 cup kidney beans
1 cup meatless beef crumbles
1 cup frozen corn
kale or spinach
vegan parmesan cheese
Add ingredients, except peas, to a big soup pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for at least 25 minutes.
Then add peas and beans if using beans instead of lentils. Cover and simmer for 5-10 mot minutes.
Taste to see if needs some salt or pepper. If so, add salt and pepper to taste.I find it always needs a little salt.
Once the veggies are fork tender it’s ready to serve but keeping it at a low simmer for about an hour gives it time to let the flavors develop 🙂 I like to do this when I come home in the evening. By the time I’m ready for dinner, it’s perfect and ready to serve.
I like to top it with avocado, hummus, hot sauce….all three actually lol Vegan parmesan is great on top too! Get creative and through in whatever you like!
VEGAN Apple Pie Pancakes (oil-free) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldZNNLXjqgU
Sweet Potato + Pecan Salad with Cranberries and DIY Dressing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eNGY5EZGI
My Morning Routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jH5NXiP_s
Vegan Cookie Taste Test with Dani: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1W0ANrs1o
When the Person You’re Dating Doesn’t Share Your Belief’s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLSKHtIv54A
The Reason You Always Feel Tired + Have No Energy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Jd_YkqQOw
Meal Prep with Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XS1LFD8g5s
What I Ate Today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWCNsVx2rI
Make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel to keep up with my future videos! It’s free. All you have to do is click subscribe!
Also please give this video a thumbs up if you liked it! It helps more people find my channel and also tells me that you like these kinds of videos 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to watch my videos! I hope they make you smile 🙂 What video should I do next? Let me know what you want to see!
Music via YouTube Audio Library